Trim Backing Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trim Backing Material

Does anyone know what kind of material this is that is used as the backing material inside the carpet trim? Is it pvc or starboard or something else like that? It appears to be some sort of plastic material and it measures 1/8" thick by 1.5" wide. I need to get 20' of it. Not sure it's relevant, but this is on a 2004 Tige 20v Switch wakeboard boat.

Its HDPE. How long is the longest piece you need? If you find a local'ish source, you get them to cut you a piece long and wide enough to then cut your individual 1.5" wide x ??? pieces.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you. One more question, how do I handle the corners? For example, the picture shows how it wraps around the corner in a curved fashion. With 1/8" HDPE, does it bend around the corner easily like that, or do I have to heat it with a heat gun to get it to bend, or some other method?

Comment

I work with it all the time. 1/8th x 1-1/2 is going to be very flexible. For sharp bends, you can heat and mold it prior to applying the covering.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X