Wall to Floor Gap Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall to Floor Gap Trim

I'm planning on installing gatorstep in my 08 RZ2. I'm looking for solutions to cover this gap. The factory had carpet wrapped over nylon strips. Any suggestions? My best thought is to wrap it with gatorstep.

Attached Files

Anyway you can reuse those same strips? Another option would be to buy some 1/4' HDPE and cut some new strips and bevel the top edge. From there, you could still put the GatorStep over top.

How are you dealing with the floor heights and the access panel to the bilge? I've seen some people completely make a new bracket and hatch cover in the past.

Comment

I can reuse the strips and wrap them with eva.

I plan to sand down any high spots, fill any holes with epoxy, and router the access panel flush into the floor. I'm going to run gatorstep into the hatch seams like the carpet was, that way I don't have to build it out with epoxy and get everything perfect.

Comment

Im wondering the same thing, I was thinking of running the sea dek all the way to the wall and then getting one long strip around the perimeter, not sure if that would work.

Comment

Here is what I did for the floor panel. I'll run a sheet of fiberglass over it, then screw the panel down until it's flush.

As for the wall trim, I'm thinking of buying some of this. I suppose gatorstep could cut me some too.
          https://www.amazon.com/CHURERSHINING...8&sr=8-30&th=1
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi kdammen - I’m planning on upgrading my floor to gatorstep also. I have a 2007 22ve and I think the floor/hatch will be similar to yours. Please take lots of pics

Comment

I'll start a build thread shortly. The hatch came out nice and level. I just sent in my templates. They said they are out 3-6 weeks currently for production. Hopefully I can get this done by early May.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kdammen View Post
                I'll start a build thread shortly. The hatch came out nice and level. I just sent in my templates. They said they are out 3-6 weeks currently for production. Hopefully I can get this done by early May.
                Thanks! So what did you screw down to the floor around the hatch? Sorry my boat is still tucked away for winter…probably makes more sense if I could take a look at mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is what I ended up doing. I bought some cheap eva strips on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PM66SND/
                  I was able to stick them directly on the walls. It covers the 3/4" gap with enough strength I didn't feel I needed the plastic backer. Made it super clean looking and easy.

Comment

Forgot the photos. Also for the floor gap, I screwed some aluminum strips to the edges and fill the gaps with epoxy adhesive filler. I was able to then glue the floor right over it. I figure if I ever have to service the gas tank I'll just cut a slit on the seam.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice finish!

Comment

Working...
                      X