Looking for speaker mount suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for speaker mount suggestions

Hello. My 2008 has Rev 8 (I think) speakers with old mounts. I'd like to replace the mounts with something newer and nicer. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    A6.jpg

Those look like Pro-60 HLCDs or the 6.5" XS-650 or XS-65 coaxial pods with the old universal clamps. Do you have a pic of the front?

Mounts as in clamps? The current clamp options and pods are not the same, so its really not feasible to change to the TC3-FIXED or TC3-SC clamps.

I may have an old Pro-80 pod and I may be able to set a new clamp on it and show you how they dont fit together right.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the info. Here's a picture of the front. Yes, I meant clamps. A1.jpg

Comment

Those are definitely the 6.5" pods, but now have been loaded with what looks like a Kicker KM series 6.5" speaker.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So I guess I need to search for a universal clamp that is compatible with these pods?

Comment

What are you trying to resolve? Ive never really looked, but I dont know of any a-la-carte clamps that would fit. They need a 2 bolt mount with a 2.5" spread. But if I remember right, the mounting spot on the pod has a tapper to it. The new style pods and clamps are rectangle.

Comment

My bimini rests on top of these clamps and they are wearing holes in the bimini, so essentially I'm looking for something with a lower profile or more rounded/smooth that wont be as tough on the bimini. I also painted these pods gloss white and now they look much better, but the clamps are pitted and dull so there's the appearance factor too. Sounds like my best option is new pods. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X