Fault Code SPN 442 FMI 15 Raptor 440

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fault Code SPN 442 FMI 15 Raptor 440

2017 RZX3 440 Raptor dropped from 10.8 mph down to 9 mph with warning on touch screen SPN 442 FMI 15.
    No obvious issues...engine temp 163, oil pressure 58 no signs of leaks or water in the bilge.
    Turned all systems OFF and turned off battery switch for 2 minutes.
    Powered back up and same results. Unable to go above 9 mph, warning beep still going, still showing same faults, but engine and oil temps remained as above.
    No other obvious signs of trouble, all surf systems and cruise control systems were shut off.

This 440 does have a heat exchange, but nothing felt over temp.

Any ideas where to start?

Likely a temp sensor. When you restarted the boat and battery was the code immediately there? Sometimes they don't always clear and just come back right away. I believe if you crank it over and turn it 4-5 times in a row it will clear.

Comment

Yes cam right back. I’ll have to try what you said. Where would I find this temp sensor on the motor?

Comment

Sounds like skin temp sensor. Your year model has one on each manifold. You can check the plugs first. If they are good you can swap port to starboard plugs and see if it moves the code to the other side (SPN 441 FMI 15). They are located near the hump in the exhaust where the catalyst brick sits. Follow the exhaust manifold outlet to the catalyst. It sits on the elbow.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks, I’ll check those out first!

Comment

Working...
          X