New to Tigé: Intro and Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Tigé: Intro and Questions

Hi everyone and thanks for having me. Just bought my first “running” ski boat. Grew up with an 88 Sanger that my parents still have. Bought an 85 Centurion when I was 19 that needed a lot of work. I never got to finish it and sold it. Just purchased a 1994 Tigé 2000 SLM (I believe) open bow with 650 hours on it. I wakeboard and ski and my wife slaloms. We have three little ones,3 1/2, 1 1/2 and newborn, that we want to raise on the water. We are surrounded by lakes here in Northern California and would rather be on the water then in the A/C.

With this boat I have a few questions:
    1. It is missing the ski pylon, probably removed when the tower was installed. Does anyone know where one can be purchased or can someone post spec of theirs so I can have one made?

2. is there a better prop for wakeboarding and skiing? I have seen people post about Acme 525 and 515 props. I am getting 34 mph on the speedos. I am also going to check the plugs, wires and clean the carb.

3. Any must haves/dos?

Thanks and look forward to being of help where I can as well.

Without knowing what prop is onthere, its hard to say if there is a better choice, so ill say it like this. There are props better suited for boarding and surfing and there are props better suited for footing speeds and there are props that are ok for most activities.

To go faster, you are going to sacrifice on hole shot. No way around it. Better hole shot, and you lose some top speed.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks CHPTHRIL, must be the deprivation of sleep. I believe it is the stock 4 blade prop.

Comment

Thank Mike, I missed your reply last time. I will give ACME a call. Also, thanks for the correction, I am learning a lot about these boats as I research them. All of the mounting hardware is there for the ski pylon. It looks to be a 2 1/2 inch diameter pole, I would just need to know the distance from the floor to the notch for the rope and floor to top of the pole. Some of the research I’ve done indicates the pole should be 6-12 inches above the motor cover. I have a company that will make the pole to my specs.

https://www.marineindustrieswest.com...=14&group_id=2

Comment

Originally posted by Rrandar View Post
          Thanks CHPTHRIL, must be the deprivation of sleep. I believe it is the stock 4 blade prop.
          Stock prop would have been a 3 blade. Before you call Acme, you need to know top speed at max RPM so that they can tell what you need.

Comment

ACME is going to ask the same question i illuded to, need to know what prop is on there now, before making a recommendation. So if you can climb under the boat and look for the numbers on the hub and number of blades, post them up here.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you both, I’ll climb under and see what I can find.

on another note, I found someone parting out an 80’s ski supreme in my area. Did some quick measurements and was able to use the pylon off of it, photos attached. Can’t wait to try it out.

Comment

Finally able to find info on the prop that is on it. It is an ACME 209, 13x12.5 4 blade. Says 1 inch bore, but I thought these were 1 1/8 inch

Comment

I think 1 1/8 started in 1995. I know mine is.

Comment

Just measured and it’s 1 inch. Funny that the SLMs had 1 1/8 and FSLMs had 1 inch. Well, I have a new ACME 525 for sale if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                    X