Horror Story From a life long boater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horror Story From a life long boater

It's time to share my story on our brand new 2021 Tige. I will do my best to highlight the facts. The photos attached are just an example of the issues we have dealt with and continue to deal with. My last communication with Tige and Justin was July 16th, and my last communication of substance with Skipper Buds Dealership was on January 15th. The boat is currently back in Texas and has been since October. I have had no updates on our long list of issues and fixes.
    • The haul is cracked, the photos show some surface cracks or spider cracks, but after a second opinion of the damage from clear and gel coat professionals in Milwaukee, these are related to structure and not paint or coatings. They also continued to grow in size up until I sent the boat back to Texas. I know this topic has been debated; I am confident in my expert that reviewed the haul. Tige nor Skipper Buds will discuss this defect on a detailed level, but they don't "think" it's a significant problem. I have no way of knowing what they have done, or are doing to the haul at this point. I have also offered multiple times to fly down to Texas to review with them in person. The offer still stands.
    • The boat was delivered to us with dirty, greasy, broken handles, cup holders ripped seats, mold in many of the storage areas, rusted trailer, etc...this list is endless; Skipper Buds did clean and repaired no less than ten items over four visits to the repair shop summer. Plus two lake visits from their techs.
    • Rusted Screws on the rub rail water leakage in sealing off the boat persisted all summer.
    • Rust bolts on the tower were painted over as the repair but continued to return through summer.
    • The stereo was broken and damaged most of the summer, three specific repairs trips. This issue continues to be, the blue tooth has been repaired twice after the major problems with the audio system were finally fixed around late July.
    • Bimini top bracket was documented as a bend on the day we took possession; it ripped off from the boat at around 15 miles per hour and almost hit our guest on the boat that day. We were told multiple times that it was cosmetic and would order a new bracket under warranty that took a month plus to get, and only after it was torn off the tower at a slow speed.
    • The cruise control has failed on multiple occasions, causing the boat to accelerate to full power; it seems to be under control after the last visit to the shop.
    • There is concern about the engine mounting, latch handle around the boat, workmanship issues around the trim pieces, throttle handle, powder coat failure, etc...

The reason for the post is that Tige is not living up to their reputation and warranty; skipper buds have removed themselves from the communication. My recourse, share my story in hopes that people do what they say they will do. We bought a poor example of what a Tige Boat should be; we will have trouble ever reselling it; the issues on this boat are well past reasonable. The list is long; we have tons more photos and videos. This isn't going away, we are well prepared to continue to push the issue, I just wish it didn't need to be this way. The joy and fun for my family and kids has already been taken away from us for this new Family Boat. We lost a lot of the summer on the investment that we made. The time we lost on the water, the time I have spend dealing with these issues are a real problem for me, you can't get it back!

I can answer any questions and am certainly willing to listen to a wide range of opinions. But silence from Tige and Skipper Buds is not acceptable. Trust me, they know how to get a hold of me.

Nick
    Last edited by tkoe@me.com; 02-10-2022, 03:40 PM.

Wow! I'm really sorry you are dealing with this. I have purchased from Skipperbuds in the past and because of their lack of professionalism and other issues I recently purchased out of state. I've had multiple tiges and love the boats. With that said I had issues for the first year but it eventually was all resolved. I felt many issues where because of Skipperbuds and like you I wasted a summer in and out of the shop. I no longer have that one but like I said recently purchased out of state.

I don't have any experience dealing directly with tige but I have felt confident in their product. I can only imagine your frustration at this point. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully they will make it right.

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

Comment

Not surprised with Tige's lack of customer service. Once you fill out your feedback questionnaire on the boat and purchase experience their pretty much done with you. On another note, I wonder how many boats go back to the factory for issues? I personally know 3 people as well as myself who's boats spent months back at the factory to have build issues resolved. Glad I sold my Z3 and moved on. I've owned 5 different inboards since 1998 and by far the most problematic boat was the Tige. Best of luck getting the issues worked out.
      Steven Wellman, Tige owner since 2017

Comment

Sounds like you got a lemon. In the name of customer service Tige should either lay out a plan to fix at the factory or just give you a new boat. When you spend $100k+ on something you should be taken care of.

Hey Tige. Do the right thing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X