SURFINITY BOAT SHIELD /ROCK CHIP BRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SURFINITY BOAT SHIELD /ROCK CHIP BRA

Boat_Shield_-_Collection_Cover_1200x1200 (1).jpg Looking into getting the Surfinity boat shield/bra for rock chips and road debris for my boat. I like the idea and think its a good idea but my only concern is that it will end up rashing the gel. What's everyone think? They are brand new and I just dont want to be the Ginny pig to say yeah they rash your Gel bad!
    Last edited by Gibbons24ve; 02-03-2022, 06:46 PM.

This subject has always been a tough one for me. Leave cover on and buff out scratches yearly or leave cover off and fix rock chips and get the interior dirty. I see this boat shield as chaffing like a mooring cover does. Anytime something can flap, it will chaff.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

They claim they don't chaff as it is made out of soft neoprene. I know the owner of the company and want to trust them just haven't had any experience with this product yet. We all know what a boat cover does on dark gel, so I am hoping this doesn't do the same. Personally I've always gone the option of wrapping the rub rail with pallet wrap and a set of rock tamers for the truck and never had any issues.

Comment

I did look at some of their other products and my wife bought that fleece blanket that attached to your heater hose. May end up getting the towel bag as well.

Comment

Would be interesting to hear some reviews on them going forward. Seems like a good idea as I can't see it flapping too much if it fits properly. I still think these are a good idea: https://www.trailer-rockguard.com/

I have a DIY rocktamer that I which was originally 4 mud flaps and now are tow large pieces of horse mat and I'm still surprised at the amount of rock chips I've taken to the bow area.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X