25zx or 24rzx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25zx or 24rzx

Was planning to do a 25zx for 2022 but a few Tige folks are in love with the 24rzx. I have yet to see the new Rzx in person.

Anyone see the two side by side yet?

I am considering the same. My dealer is really pushing me toward the 24. I got in the one he has and it is a nice boat. Most storage I have seen (not a big deal to me though), more bow forward weight. Supposedly does ride with the bow as high as the Zx. Boat did not appear as deep as my Zx. Two negatives for me 1. I like the looks of the Zx better (obviously personal preference) 2. It was more expensive than a comparable 25ZX. Not sure about the surf since we didn’t get it wet.

Comment

Went 25ZX again this year. Haven't seen the 24 in person yet but the looks and finishing of the 25 is hard to beat. That 24 must have been loaded would not except the price to be higher than the 25zx. Have heard the wave is decent but it does look pretty steep so might be hard to flatten out for the skimmers.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore15 View Post
        I am considering the same. My dealer is really pushing me toward the 24. I got in the one he has and it is a nice boat. Most storage I have seen (not a big deal to me though), more bow forward weight. Supposedly does ride with the bow as high as the Zx. Boat did not appear as deep as my Zx. Two negatives for me 1. I like the looks of the Zx better (obviously personal preference) 2. It was more expensive than a comparable 25ZX. Not sure about the surf since we didn’t get it wet.
        My local dealer and another guy at Tige corporate were really pushing the 24. I am hoping to see it tomorrow in person and then have my wife see it at the boat show.

we mostly surf and have loved the 25’s wave. Couldn’t get a great wakeboard wave unless we got to like 23. My wife also felt like there was a lot of spray on the 25.

Really curious what the wave is like for the 24 for both surf and wake. Even though it is the same weight as the 25 I’d have 700 lbs less standard ballast. My family really likes the finish on the 24 and the rear ballast locker shelves. The surf locker looks like it holds more boards as well.

would love to see a side by side wave before I order anything but not sure that is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
          Went 25ZX again this year. Haven't seen the 24 in person yet but the looks and finishing of the 25 is hard to beat. That 24 must have been loaded would not except the price to be higher than the 25zx. Have heard the wave is decent but it does look pretty steep so might be hard to flatten out for the skimmers.
          Interesting point on the wave. The kids love skimming more than surf. I’m more of a surf style fan (but I’m old haha)

I was really surprised by the cost of the 24rzx….and all boats

Comment

The one I looked at was hard loaded. However, my 21 25ZX is just as well equipped if not more so and the 24 was substantially more than I paid for 25.

Comment

Any updates on 24RZX vs ZX line? Battling similar decisions or to just keep my 23 RZX that I absolutely love....
              -Brandon Lucas
              Houston, Tx

Comment

I went with the 24rzx this year. We liked the idea of having a surf wave similar to the zx but the possibility of a better wake for boarding.

We were told that the RZX hull is the “hull of the future” meaning that is the direction Tige is moving in the coming years. So we thought we would give it a try.

always a giant pucker factor for me to pull the trigger on a boat I have never ridden in or behind.

we loved the 25zx and would have been happy to keep it but couldn’t pass on this opportunity when it was presented.

ours is being built now and so we won’t have an update on how it performs for about a month.

I still think out of the box the zx is much nicer on the way it is appointed but you can upgrade into a similar setup on the Rzx.

Comment

I was able to spend 2 hours in a 24 RZX on the water Friday eve. We were fighting daylight and temps, so it wasn't a full shakedown..... Let's just say an offer was made. If you plan to roll with any size crew this summer, this will be the go to rig. Tons of room, storage to match, and clean waves (wake looked solid too, even around 20mph). Feel free to PM with any specific Q's, and ill do my best to answer. Really stoked on the offering and fingers crossed it ends up in our lift.
                  -Brandon Lucas
                  Houston, Tx

Comment

Originally posted by BLucas86 View Post
                    I was able to spend 2 hours in a 24 RZX on the water Friday eve. We were fighting daylight and temps, so it wasn't a full shakedown..... Let's just say an offer was made. If you plan to roll with any size crew this summer, this will be the go to rig. Tons of room, storage to match, and clean waves (wake looked solid too, even around 20mph). Feel free to PM with any specific Q's, and ill do my best to answer. Really stoked on the offering and fingers crossed it ends up in our lift.
                    Wow I’m impressed wake was clean at 20. Have you been on a 25 to compare the surf waves?

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post

Wow I’m impressed wake was clean at 20. Have you been on a 25 to compare the surf waves?
                      The last 25 ZX i was in, was not Taps 3T. That said, I know the wave has great height, shape and length. Since we only had 2 adults in the boat, 30% fuel and were short on time, I believe it has much more potential. Even with the conditions we were in, it felt similar in size and shape to my slammed 23 RZX and had power. I think with a full tank (extra 500lbs) and a few more bodies, it'll allow us to speed up to high 11's and still have some meat to it. Was super impressed on how clean it was on each side and didn't have to offload ANY ballast. Bow rise was minimal underway, and coming from a 23 RZX which has next to none, that was a HUGE relief.
                      -Brandon Lucas
                      Houston, Tx

Comment

Reviving this thread since my 25 appears to be sold and looking to order a new one. Now that the 24RZX has been out for a little bit are there anymore reviews?? I have been surprised how hard my dealer is pushing me towards the 24 when he knows how much we love our 25ZX. It's all about the surf to us so I would love to either folks thoughts on the surf between the 24 and the 25. Honestly I could care less about the storage or wake.

Comment

My dealer got one in finally. Spending some time in it in the showroom I would still go with the ZX, nicer finishings and felt a bit deeper and roomier. larger bow and larger surf locker on the 24 which is nice but not needed. I didn't get a chance to surf it but I heard it's a pretty steep wave, more geared toward surf style than skim. But with that being said it was very easy to set up and wakeboard wake proves to be a lot better. I haven't gotten deep into pricing but after optioning up a 24 it gets right into 25 territory so not as if you are saving much.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely agree on the price. If anything the 24 is more than the 25 where I am.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore15 View Post
                              Thanks for the feedback. I definitely agree on the price. If anything the 24 is more than the 25 where I am.
                              [mention]jmoore15 [/mention]curious if you pulled the trigger on the 24 or 25 and if so, your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X