Trailer Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer Options

Trailer questions for the group. I have a double axel trailer on the current 25zx. It supposedly has the HD axels for weight. It towed fine. But wonder if tracking might improve with the triple. Do you all think that if I order a new boat a triple axel would be a beneficial upgrade? Along those lines what is the consensus on electric brakes for the trailer? I see it is now an option for 2022.

Hoping to line up a 2022 build and want to see what might make sense.

Do you have 18 or 15” wheels currently? On a tandem the 18s track better and aren’t as bouncy which definitely helps but also hear of guys blowing out with so much weight on tandem 18s.

Had an rzx on a tandem and 15s before a 25ZX on a triple with 18s and the 25ZX tracks much better even being heavier. Also tow an ri237 regularly and on 18s it tracks very nicely so hard to say.
    Your truck also plays a big part of it, if you have a diesel you probably won’t notice much of a difference with the triple. Can’t speak for electric brakes as I’ve never had them

Comment

My trailer has 18s. Going to build a 2022 and trying to decide if I should go with the 24rzx or another 25zx and also trying to configure the trailer setup for either one.

Comment

Just do a triple. The cost to upgrade isn’t a lot and it will tow better as well help resale.

Comment

bsreid Thanks for that advice
          Last edited by 25cents; 02-02-2022, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 25cents View Post
            Trailer questions for the group. I have a double axel trailer on the current 25zx. It supposedly has the HD axels for weight. It towed fine. But wonder if tracking might improve with the triple. Do you all think that if I order a new boat a triple axel would be a beneficial upgrade? Along those lines what is the consensus on electric brakes for the trailer? I see it is now an option for 2022.

Hoping to line up a 2022 build and want to see what might make sense.
            I think the electric over hydraulic just depends on the type of driving you do. If you tow over passes/long downhills I think it's the way to go. Long downhills out cause the surge brakes to engage and then stay engaged constantly on long steep downhills which builds a lot of heat. In one case causing the rear seal to fail and grease to sling all over the hot rotor and caliper. Didn't catch on fire but owner said there was a lot of smoke.

Comment

I would absolutely go electric over hydraulic rather than basic surge brakes. It's the one upgrade I'd love to do to my trailer.

Comment

You can only get triple axle for those boats this year.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                  You can only get triple axle for those boats this year.
                  Well then that makes my decision really easy.

Comment

Just checked my build sheet and the triple was included. It's the 18" wheels that add a small fortune.

Comment

Working...
                    X