Atx or tige out of the box surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atx or tige out of the box surfing

Ok, I sold my RZ2 in spring and I'm ready to buy a new machine at the boat show. I love tige and the atx seems really nice too. I want the best surf wave out if the box 22 footer or 21 foot boat, obviously atx is a bit cheaper. What's anyone's personal opinion? I know what the ads all say but I'm a bigger guy and want a monster wave

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

Any current (2022) offerings will produce a bigger wave than the RZ2. The 22ATX is an amazing boat for its price. The 22RZX, when released, will be a excellent 22' boat. 21ZX would be another boat in that size range. Hopefully we will get some owners to post up their opinions on the 22ATX and the 21ZX. This spring there will be more information on the 22RZX.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

My choice would be ATX 22 or 21zx and btw the new z3 slays .
      surf till u die.

Comment

Thank you for your insight! I had custom bags and a shaper on my RZ2 to make the wave huge. If I'm spending the money now I want to have a great stock wave! I'll definitely look into the 21zx too

Comment

If you're on Facebook there are a few ATX Owner's pages and the FB Tige Owner's also has quite a few ATX owners. Those pages seem to get quite a bit more traffic that this site nowadays.

Comment

If you can swing a 21zx price tag I would go that route, good wave and much nicer interior than the atx. I would go 2020 or newer if looking used just to get the new surf system.

Comment

Definitely like the 21ZX just not sure if I can swing that price tag. Beautiful machine!

Comment

Just came across a brand new 2021 20rxz. How does that surf being a little shorter?

Comment

I'd add the new Z1 to your shopping list. We were also considering to ATX but personally I cannot stand the look of the ATX towers. The Z1 checked all the boxes for us and if it surfs as well as we're told it may be a great 21.5' surf boat. I'm new here so I'm not sure what the protocol on discussing price is but were were able to build a pretty loaded Z1 for what I though was a great price for a brand new wake boat. I can't speak to it's performance yet since it's still sitting in the showroom til it's warm enough to take out on the water but it's a beautiful boat and there is tons of space for a 21' boat. We also checked out the new Malibu LX and IMO the Z1 is a far nicer boat with higher end options available. Best of luck on the boat search, it's quite the rabbit hole to go down, at least it was for me.

Comment

Thank you for your input. I was looking at the Z1 too but I like the pickle fork. The price seems decent. I basically am going to see what's at the boat show, if they have nothing I really like then I'll look to order. Your anticipation for spring must be nuts right now. Mine is and I haven't even purchased. What was your build time?

Comment

Originally posted by Rz22013 View Post
                      Thank you for your input. I was looking at the Z1 too but I like the pickle fork. The price seems decent. I basically am going to see what's at the boat show, if they have nothing I really like then I'll look to order. Your anticipation for spring must be nuts right now. Mine is and I haven't even purchased. What was your build time?

We ordered ours in Late July and it was done and in the showroom in early November. It was not supposed to be here until spring but apparently it got bumped up for some reason. It's been torture. I think I've been down there to visit it about 6 times already.

Comment

Oh nice! Lol I'd do the same!

Comment

I haven't been behind the new z1 but it will feel quite a bit smaller than the 22 atx especially in the bow. The 20rzx is a good boat to start out in but really comes down to if you can get away with a 20ft boat. Wave will be a bit shorter and steeper compared to a larger boat. Personally I would look slightly used for something a bit bigger especially being a larger guy it's nice to have more wave to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by SR04 View Post

We ordered ours in Late July and it was done and in the showroom in early November. It was not supposed to be here until spring but apparently it got bumped up for some reason. It's been torture. I think I've been down there to visit it about 6 times already.
                            Tige prioritized pre sold boats over inventory in the case of supply shortages or other delays. I was looking at a March-April delivery and it already went into production.

Comment

Working...
                            X