Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake of the Ozarks resorts.

For those who have stayed at the margiritaville
    In LAke of the Ozarks, would you recommend it and was it a decent place to stay? We are planning a trip for the summer and staying there. Wanted to get some feed back on it. We will be taking our boat and kids with us and hoping to launch there. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Lukesanden View Post
    For those who have stayed at the margiritaville
    In LAke of the Ozarks, would you recommend it and was it a decent place to stay? We are planning a trip for the summer and staying there. Wanted to get some feed back on it. We will be taking our boat and kids with us and hoping to launch there. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We vacationed at LOTO about 4 years ago. Rented a lake house by the state park - a quieter part of the lake. There are LOTS of really big boats on this lake and it was very difficult to find places to surf. Lots of big rolling wakes from passing cruisers would interrupt our surf jam constantly. Also, lots of logs/debris in the water so had to be very watchful and could never relax while driving. The guest book for our VRBO had a dozen posts by previous guests who ran over debris and bent props and damaged their boats.

IMO. A good lake if you have a 26ft+ boat and a SS prop. Otherwise, you may want to find another lake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Luke,

I have not stayed at Margaritaville at the lake but have been there to eat. It's a cool place but in the summer between memorial day to labor day its gonna be busy. We have a place at the 42MM, Margaritaville is at about the 26MM. The weekend will have a ton of boat traffic up there. You will be a ways from any surfable areas of the lake unless you like to surf at 6am. You may be able to find a little calm water in the linn creek cove arm, but thats still a 5 mile boat ride on the main channel.

Comment

Working...
      X