2012 RZ2 aftermarket surf tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 RZ2 aftermarket surf tabs

Hi all. I know that several members have added aftermarket surf tabs to this hull. With the Black Friday sales I’m really tempted with Evolution Tabs or GSA tabs as an option. I’ve searched and really haven’t been able to find results of how straightforward the install is on this (or similar) hull. GSA says it’s been done many times but may require some trimming on the hinge, which doesn’t sound like a big deal. Looking at the hull I’m a little concerned about how easy this install would be as the transom is not flat where the tabs would mount and there is not a lot of space between the swim platform and brackets and the bottom of the hull. Were you able to get a proper retracted angle of at least 18 degrees? Were any spacers needed, and if so did you have to manufacture yourself? Would love some feedback and pictures from those who have done it as a DIY. Not really looking to get into a debate on which system is better. I know that GSA has a better controller and arguably a bit better tab shape.

Check out my writeup on wakegarage for tabs AND gates that I made for my 22v. Yes I had to make a spacer to go under half the hinge. I made it out of aluminum because I had it and just cut it in a chop saw. I got 25 degrees retract angle with both length tabs but I haven't run the longer tabs as they won't work with the gates.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X