Winterization price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterization price?

Hey guys, it’s been a while. Have a quick question as by blood is boiling but before I go off a cliff, how does a $995.00 charge for a BASIC winterization hit you for a 2018 Raptor 400? Oh, and to be fair, I also had them change the fuel filter?

Included

Oil change
    Trans fluid change
    Drain
    Fuel filter

This is what I was charged by my local Tige dealer. I know for a fact around these parts, I and others have paid somewhere around the $350-$400 range for the last few years.

I’ve had this boat for a 3 seasons now and paid less, before that, I’ve always done it myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seen $475 with oil change & $590 with full spring inspection.

Comment

For reference, I was given a soft quote of 900 to replace a transmission. That doesn't include fluids etc or other things that should be replaced while they have it as well. I would be upset at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by Grebva3 View Post
        For reference, I was given a soft quote of 900 to replace a transmission. That doesn't include fluids etc or other things that should be replaced while they have it as well. I would be upset at that price.
        Ya. A bit upset. Oregon has struggled with our Tige dealerships in the past several years. We’ve been through 3 and the newest one is really just a luxury car broker, NOT a luxury boat dealership. Everyone speaks about how a major deciding factor of which boat to buy is your dealer? Well IMO, we need another option of Tige wants to play here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wired1236 The shop I'm at in Bend now is the highest labor rate I've ever worked at. 179/hr.

Winterization w/oil change here is 599.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
            wired1236 The shop I'm at in Bend now is the highest labor rate I've ever worked at. 179/hr.

Winterization w/oil change here is 599.
            I could drive it over there and still save money, then at least I know it’s done right too! They charged 5.5 hours at $150/hr. The hourly rates not too out of line. I get they need to make money. They Didn’t disconnect batteries, didn’t drain the sacks, didn’t add stabilizer, didn’t pull the plugs, nothing. Just change fluids and pulled the drain plugs then I asked to have the fuel filter changed. Not going back.

And this isn’t just about the money, I’ve had other problems too. I’ve tried to support them but I just can’t anymore.

Comment

That's definitely on the steep side. The shop rate is fair but 5.5 hours seems a little long.

Comment

Originally posted by wired1236 View Post

Ya. A bit upset. Oregon has struggled with our Tige dealerships in the past several years. We’ve been through 3 and the newest one is really just a luxury car broker, NOT a luxury boat dealership. Everyone speaks about how a major deciding factor of which boat to buy is your dealer? Well IMO, we need another option of Tige wants to play here.

Im assuming you mean Luxury Sports?? I helped out a couple guys with ATXs this summer that came from there. Let's just say both their boats are shrinkwrapped and stored here.

We will soon be Indmar dealer and when that's done we are trying to get set up as authorized Tige/ATX warranty center here in Bend. Will see what happens, but if so you can always count on us for warranty work...though nobody wants to haul their boat that far for service. Part of our push is to take care of Central Oregon customers that purchased Tige/ATX. No need to go over the hill for service.

And to be fair our wint and oil change doesn't include the trans change so youd have been another .5 hour and 2 qts of ATF here
                Last edited by freeheel4life; 11-19-2021, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                  Im assuming you mean Luxury Sports?? I helped out a couple guys with ATXs this summer that came from there. Let's just say both their boats are shrinkwrapped and stored here.

We will soon be Indmar dealer and when that's done we are trying to get set up as authorized Tige/ATX warranty center here in Bend. Will see what happens, but if so you can always count on us for warranty work...though nobody wants to haul their boat that far for service. Part of our push is to take care of Central Oregon customers that purchased Tige/ATX. No need to go over the hill for service.

And to be fair our wint and oil change doesn't include the trans change so youd have been another .5 hour and 2 qts of ATF here
                  Yes, that’s them. We make our way to that side of the hill every year so who knows. If that’s my only choice, I’ll be seeing you guys over there. $600 pays for a lot of extra things.

I actually bought my boat from Bjornson Marine in Seattle since in 2018, we didn’t have a Tige dealer here or at least one that had any stock. Technically Stayton was the dealer but they were at the end of their dealership. Stayton was a good dealer then and then River City tried but didn’t last. Now we are stuck with Luxury. Not so Luxury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by wired1236; 11-20-2021, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Interesting that regular maintenance services were charged at straight time, as in how long it took the tech. These items are usually fixed rates, regardless of how long it takes the actual tech to perform. Meaning, an efficient tech will usually complete the task within or better then what the shop has factored for a profitable time to charge.

In my little corner, I dont charge punch time unless im into custom fabrication or something thats out of the ordinary. I have a fixed rate to fish a tower and install tower speakers, wire and mount an amp, swap speakers or install from scratch, much like doing an oil change. On some, they go smooth and im on to the next phase, while others, like a 2017 R20, kick my @$$ and they take 4.5 hours to fish tower wire alone

The use of straight time could indicate the techs are hourly not flat-rate. This has pros and cons. Cons, work can take longer and be more costly. Pros, You can get a higher level of work as the tech takes their time. Hence the con.

I would suggest to always do 2 things; get an estimate prior to the work starting and getting a break down of whats included. "Winterizing" is a very broad term. What exactly are they going to do? Will this boat be turn-key ready in the spring or is the "summerizing" charger in the spring?
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      Interesting that regular maintenance services were charged at straight time, as in how long it took the tech. These items are usually fixed rates, regardless of how long it takes the actual tech to perform. Meaning, an efficient tech will usually complete the task within or better then what the shop has factored for a profitable time to charge.

In my little corner, I dont charge punch time unless im into custom fabrication or something thats out of the ordinary. I have a fixed rate to fish a tower and install tower speakers, wire and mount an amp, swap speakers or install from scratch, much like doing an oil change. On some, they go smooth and im on to the next phase, while others, like a 2017 R20, kick my @$$ and they take 4.5 hours to fish tower wire alone

The use of straight time could indicate the techs are hourly not flat-rate. This has pros and cons. Cons, work can take longer and be more costly. Pros, You can get a higher level of work as the tech takes their time. Hence the con.

I would suggest to always do 2 things; get an estimate prior to the work starting and getting a break down of whats included. "Winterizing" is a very broad term. What exactly are they going to do? Will this boat be turn-key ready in the spring or is the "summerizing" charger in the spring?
                      I do agree on all points. They list on their website that winterization starts at $299. I paid a lot less last year and with that, I felt ok not getting a quote especially since they are a certified Tige dealer, not some schmoe. Well I got bit. That’s what has me upset. We all should be able to trust the dealers that Tige has vetted to represent their brand. I hold Tige as much responsible for signing such a dealer than I do the dealer.

Keep,in mind, they were not a boat dealer or, from what I can tell, in the boat business before they took on Tige. They don’t do gel coat work, they don’t do any major mechanical work, hell, they didn’t even sell anything boat related (boards, jackets, weight, etc) until this year. I was surprised to see some things in their “office” this year. There’s not even a show room.

The Tige brand deserves better treatment and trust. I hope they are listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalku
                      Last edited by wired1236; 11-20-2021, 03:33 AM.

Comment

-
                        Last edited by wired1236; 11-20-2021, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X