2018 tige' heater winterize question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 tige' heater winterize question

hey guys, i have an issue, i winterized a tige' and was not aware it had a heater. the boat has since been shrink wrapped and i am in new england area. if i get into the boat by means of a zippered door in the wrap. can i winterize the core from another location than the engine bay?

I believe the heater core would be part of the closed loop engine cooling system on a 2018. Given that your antifreeze is good, which it should be on something that new, you shouldn’t have an issue…

Comment

... I suppose my other concern would be that you winterized a boat and didn't seem to know it has a close loop cooling system cooled by a lake water cooling system... did you test the antifreeze when you winterized it?

Comment

As noted, in a 2018, the core is filled with regular engine anti-freeze. So no worries there. However, did you get all the raw water plugs pulled?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

i have been doing so many boats this past 2 months and im sure i am getting them all
          confused and if you say all 2018 tige' boats have a closed coolant system, then i am good to go, i did this job in the begininng of october. i was reading an article this morning about the heaters on the tige' and thats what triggered the question.
          so just to be clear, the heater system gets hot from coolant and not from the raw water?

Comment

yes, i pulled all the plugs in addition to running marine anti freeze through the raw water system, its a cheap insurance in case any raw water gets stuck in the system.

Comment

Heater on raptor models (2015 or newer) runs antifreeze and not raw water.

Comment

its a 2018 R21

Comment

Working...
                X