2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions

1: my tach gauge will reset when I turn the key off and back on. However when cruising around and come to an idle it does not like to drop down, and when I accelerate the gauge will continue to just make a full circle all the way around. Any ideas or just a bad gauge?

2: the pivot pins on the alpha Z tower. Should they be this far out? (Picture attached) will it cause any issues if i turn them in farther?

Thank you!

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Attached Files

My guess would be a bad gauge, if it’s spinning all the way around, but someone else may know for sure.

I have the same tower, and those screws are in a little deeper than flush, on mine. I’ve always wondered if there should be some kind of cap on there, but not sure if there ever was since we bought ours about a year old. I’d turn those things in. My board rack bolts and the ones with the handle loosen up, too. I have to tighten everything on the tower once or twice a year, as it seems to vibrate out a little bit once and awhile. I just keep the tools for all that stuff in the boat, and check them before we leave, or when we’re floating and not doing much, somewhere. You definitely don’t want those backing all the way out, and jacking your threads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don't forget, one side of the tower is left hand thread and one is right hand thread!!

DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!! It's a blind hole on the other side and you youn blow out the cast base if you over tighten. There is a groove on the pin and a small Allen set screw that's supposed to keep them in place. A lot of times the set screw rattles out and disappears.

Sounds like a bad gauge

Comment

Figured freeheel4life would come with the real knowledge. I must have only ever had to tighten one side on those, because I don’t remember one being reverse thread. I’ll have to look if that Allen is gone from mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
          Figured freeheel4life would come with the real knowledge. I must have only ever had to tighten one side on those, because I don’t remember one being reverse thread. I’ll have to look if that Allen is gone from mine.

It's been a while but IIRC the port side base is the reverse thread...the set screws are vertical in the base and on the outside flange of the bases. It's a small set screw....probably a xx/32nd or xx/64th Because it has to be an obscure and hard to find stainless set screw lol

Comment

Working...
          X