15 RZ2 Battery Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 RZ2 Battery Clarification

Can someone tell me what battery is house and what is crank. Or how it should be? I have seen some pictures of battery setups but havent seen any for a 15 RZ2. So in not confident mine is correct. Also my some of my wires are labeled primary and secondary. Does House = primary?

If someone has pictures of the 2 batteries wired on a 15 RZ2 or a wiring diagram that would be awesome!

As of right now with my battery maintained on the battery closest to the engine in have 13 volts and crank is showing 12. That leads me too believe that the battery closest to the engine is my house battery.

The previous owner installed new batteries and missed a few grounds and now in thinking he messed up more.

Thank you

Battery on the right in your pics is cranking/primary(port side battery)

secondary is house battery on the left in pic(stbd side)

Comment

Any chance you have a diagram of how this should be wired?

With my battery maintainer on the house battery here is my dash readings

Touch screen on key off
      House = 14v
      Crank = 0

Key in
      House = 14
      Crank = 12

If I switch my maintainer to the crank battery,

key in,
      House and crank are 14v.

Does this sound correct or do it have some wires crossed.

Comment

Battery switch has position one which is normal operation. Second position force combines the batteries. Until you have it running to confirm that the charging relay is working in position one there's no need to jump to conclusions.

Follow the positive leads and see if you have a blue sea ACR or a Pro Iso

Comment

Thanks for the help. Batteries are good. Hooked up the fake lake ran it both batteries charge and are working properly

Comment

Working...
          X