ZX1 Heater Hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZX1 Heater Hose?

Well boys and girls, got the baby all winterized. Sad days of Wisconsin but I believe the cold is finally here to stay. Did a solid once over of the boat and found this little gem.

I believe this hose heads up to the helm for the heater? The hose in question hits the Sureflo pump, and I believe the hose running next to it that bypasses the pump would be the return? Question being, where could I find a replacement chunk of hose...roughly 12-13' and is this cooled with antifreeze from the block or raw water?

Wondering if this is a task I could DIY or if I'm better off just scheduling in the spring. Hose has not sprung a leak as it appears to be lined, but definitely needs attention. The hose seemed to be routed relatively snug against the moteOne thing I've noticed with this boat in all aspects houses and wiring alike is things seem be routed oddly tight. An extra 2-3" wouldn't kill you for a relief standpoint!

Thanks in advance.

Those are supply and return off the block. If you look closer at the base of each should be a blue stickers that say "To heater" and "From heater"

I'd just get one more 5/8×5/8 hose barb and some 5/8 heater line and cut that chunk out...otherwise it's pull a whole new line thru the boat to the heater core. See where the two are zipped tied together?? Bunch more ties between there and the helm.

Put a clamp below the existing brass fitting to minimize any leakage and a clamp at the other end where your splic is gonna go.. measure your line out and work quick to reduce coolant loss.

Or take it to your dealer since it's warranty..

Comment

I would like to keep it functional, and I had the floor out of the boat doing my maintenance. During that time I can see the entire length of hose that needs to be replaced, the pump it goes to is mounted against the port side "wall" underfloor.

My question more or less would be if this is filled with antifreeze or raw water. If its anti freeze and I remove this hose, put on a new one...will I have any bleeding issues? Or just add some 50/50 peak sierra to the expansion tank?

Thank you

Comment

Its antifreeze. If enough leeks put and an air bubble forms at the top of the block you typically need a vacuum bleeder or remove Tstat housing. Indmar uses a pink died PG.

Comment

Working...
        X