Tige 20V Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige 20V Switch

Thinking of buying this as a starter wakeboarding/wakesurfing boat. It's definitely an older boat. I am taking it out on the lake tomorrow and going to have it checked out by a mechanic before buying. Anybody with suggestions on what to look out for, what to be aware of during this evaluation time period would be much appreciated!

Marketplace - 2004 Tige 20v | Facebook

Like any boat, make sure to work everything. Adjust offer accordingly.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Well, we got it. It's the second happiest day of my life. Took it to a mechanic, everything checked out. There are a couple minor repairs needed. They said the "seawater pump has seals leaking" which should be replaced. They quoted me $650. Wondering if that's something I could do myself to save money, not sure level of difficulty or time. The seller said he thinks it's normally called a raw water pump, but wasn't sure.

Comment

Yes. If it's a merc 350 mag mpi it's a common failure and rather easy fix if you are mechanically inclined and have tools.

There's a shaft rebuild kit and you will want a power steering pulley remover kit...pretty cheap at HF

Comment

It not a merc, it's a GM Vortec 335hp 5.7L.

Comment

Just learning all this stuff now, I think the more common name it goes by is a Marine Power (MP) engine.

Comment

K. It's likely the crank driven Johnson 813 pump leaking out the shaft seal on the back side. They make a rebuild kit for that one too. I'd just but the whole pump. It's three bolts that hold it to the crank pulley

Comment

Johnson 812...wouldn't let me edit..

Comment

I'm an idiot...812 is impeller part number. The pump itself should be the Johnson f6.

I have gotten fooled a couple times and there's a handful of Marine Powers that ran a Jabsco pump. The pump cover plate will have brand stamped in it

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X