2022 Tige Z3 vs 2022 Supreme S220

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Tige Z3 vs 2022 Supreme S220

Hi Everyone- I'm new to the site. Really looking to get some factual information from you guys to help me decide on our new surf boat purchase. This will be our first surf boat. I have narrowed down the search to the 2022 Tige Z3 and the 2022 Supreme S220. I like the fit and finish of the Z3 over the Supreme. I like the GO system over the Supreme. The Supreme dealer is saying the S220 wave will be way better than the Z3 and the Z3 will be way tippier for any movement in the boat. The S220 does have 700 lbs more stock ballast.
    Can anyone help me narrow down this comparison?
    Can you "tune" the Z3 wave?
    Appreciate any advice you can give to help in this decision.

I doubt that the Supreme dealer has much experience with the new Z3 hull, it just came out in 2021. The last vintage of Z3 is tippy. I own a 2015 Z3 and it is tippy but it has a very good wave on both sides of the boat. The new Z3 is supposed to surf way better than my 15.

Comment

Agree with above the new z3 hull isn’t even comparable to the olde one. I do have friends who have gotten out on the new supremes and nothing but good things to say for a stock wave. I think it comes down to personal preference, the tige is way nicer boat interior wise.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. Next week I am water testing the 2022 Z3 and a 2021 ZS...not the same hull shape as a S220 but its the only thing the Supreme dealer has that is close. Unless the Supreme wave just blows me away, I think I will go with the Z3.

Comment

I would be willing to bet you like the fit and finish, interior feel, the tower, and for me the helm and screen setup a lot more than the S220. Supreme is still trying to push the edge of being a "budget boat" where as Tige has ATX for that. Just my .02

Comment

Agree with you Freeheel.....The big issue for me is what the waves are going to be behind the Z3 vs the Supreme S220. The S220 has 700lbs more ballast. Is that going to make a huge deal or not? I may be overthinking this but its a lot of money to spend and I just want to make a good informed decision. I think the Supreme is going to have a bigger wave. If the Supreme is a 9 out of 10 and the Z3 is a 7 or 8 then I think I will go with the Z3 for fit and finish and the GO system ease of use. If the Supreme wave spread is greater than that then I may go Supreme. Water testing the Z3 and a ZS232 Supreme next week! Really looking forward to what the 2022 Z3 wave looks like.

Comment

Glad you are demoing both boats. It's the only way to go IMO.

It goes without saying but some forget.....also make your decision based on dealer support after the sale. If the boat has issues you want the service department that can get you taken care of sooner than later. Hopefully both dealers have great service departments

Comment

I would not compare factory waves and assume that is all you get. both boats will likely need more weight to really shine but I would expect the zs series to make a better factory wave out of the box. add some to the tige and all bets are off.

the s220 and zs232 are apples and oranges. I would not take the factory wave off the zs232 and expect the S220 to be the same even tho the dealer will make the case. make sure you know that going in. the zs series should be closer in pricepoint to the z3 and should be a much closer comparo than the S series. zs boats are TALL. S series will be shorter topdeck.

the other thing that drove us away from supreme- check out how far back the tower is. when stepping in and out of the inside of the boat every newer supreme we have been in the tower is a potential head splitter. I have not been on the zs232 so it might be different but note that on the S220.
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thanks for the input. I realize this may be a newbie comment but I am not wanting to add a bunch of lead to any new 2022 boat I end up buying right away. The S220 has 9800lbs of ballast. The new Z3 is 9100lbs of ballast. Both pack a lot of weight for a 22/23 foot boat. The Axis is 8600lbs and it throws a pretty nice wave, in my newbie opinion.
                  I would love to water test the S220 but there are none in our area. The ZS is the closest I can come and I am told it will be a close enough comp to the new S220. Truth be told…I hope the new Z3 comes close to the same wave….I really like the interior fit and finish and screen of the Z3 over the S220. The Z3 GO system seems pretty dummy proof and as a new boat owner that has some appeal to me!
                  I will report back when I get the water tests done next week,
                  Thank you for all of the comments….I really appreciate the advice.

Comment

I’m running the 2021 Z3, out of box wave is amazing and this weekend I added 400 lead just because and it was even better plus a crew of 9. There was another 22 Z3 where I was at who had 600 lead and said it was perfect and he would add no more. The boat is fast, stable and comfortable, sound is amazing and the LED package for nights is outstanding. Also the family that comes with a Tige is untouchable! This is my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMichael View Post
                      I’m running the 2021 Z3, out of box wave is amazing and this weekend I added 400 lead just because and it was even better plus a crew of 9. There was another 22 Z3 where I was at who had 600 lead and said it was perfect and he would add no more. The boat is fast, stable and comfortable, sound is amazing and the LED package for nights is outstanding. Also the family that comes with a Tige is untouchable! This is my humble opinion.
                      What comparisons can you make to other boats you have surf? With no lead, what’s the minimum crew size have you had and the wave was good? Is the wave consistent from day to day without lead? I’m curious of how good the new Z3 is as I have an R23 with 900lbs of lead and I’m starting to get tired of messin with the lead between trailering and moving lead for wakeboarding v surfing…

If the Z3 stock wave is equal to my R23 w/900lbs of lead and is consistent from day to day regardless of crew size, then I might need to take a test ride with my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With or without lead the wave is consistent. My crew is usually 6 including my wife and I. My previous boat was an 02 21V who’s was sacked and wave gate and I had a consistent solid wave every time out of. The Z3 stock wave is solid and tall with tons of push.

Comment

HI Everyone... Thanks to everyone who gave their input on my comparison between the 2022 Z3 and 2022 Supreme S220. I said I would report back after our water tests. I had both boats do the same test which was to keep the speed between 11-11.2 and show me the waves at 100%, 50% and what a beginner/really light person would be. The Supreme wave was the better of the two and it was enough to sway us to go with the S220. I have a ridiculous spreadsheet that I put together to compare these 2 boats and they were really close. The Z3 won hands down for interior fit and finish and touch screen. The Supreme won on wave size and shape. In the end we chose the S220 because of the wave and it is a smaller boat at 22ft vs 23.5ft. Thanks again for all of your feedback in helping us make the decision.

Comment

Heard nothing but great things on the s240 and s220 waves. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                              Heard nothing but great things on the s240 and s220 waves. Congrats!
                              I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that the new S running surface is very similar to the RI line.

ricO glad you demoed both and came to a conclusion!!

Comment

Working...
                              X