Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little bro just put deposit on 2015 Z3 - Anybody know the boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little bro just put deposit on 2015 Z3 - Anybody know the boat?

Hey guys like the title says my little bro just put a deposit down on this boat:

https://www.norrislakeboatcenter.com...7766-11102006i

Anybody know anything about it or happen to check it out? We live in Ohio so it's a bit a drive to just "check it out". The dealer said they are so busy they won't really go over the boat until there is a deposit on it (which is why he put one down). So far they have sent some pics of rust on the trailer fenders....

Anything on the 2015's we should look out for? I believe they had the vinyl issue fixed by this year correct?

I don't know that boat but I have owned a 15 Z3 since new with very few problems. TT screen is at the age it could have problems. I had a problem with the screen and an amp that would only show up after a couple hours of run time. I would ask the seller to run the stereo for at least 2 hours with the TT screen turned on to verify that they do not have any problems.

Comment

Thanks man good info....actually the touch screen was just replaced so spot on in regards to timing

Comment

our 15 had vinyl issues on several spots. not major like some had but it was an issue. if you're inspecting the boat prior to inking the deal, check the seat bottoms around the welts. this is where ours started separating that was the most noticeable. several seats had seams split and vinyl tears especially where the seats rub together.
        TT is the only other real issue we had that I would say was something to inspect and sounds like yours is good.

ours was a used boat and had several electrical glitches but I think it was more due to owner neglect or hydrotunes stereo install than tige issues.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Well we are heading down to Norris on Monday to check it out/purchase. Anything in particular to look for/ask about? Do guys typically ask for a leak down/compression check?

Comment

Compression check, printed Diacom report with RPM/hours breakdown. Closely inspect the Alpha Z bases for any cracks in the casting. The arch is less prone to issues in my experience but I think some have cracked up around the lights.
            Go into demo mode at dealer screen and test the AVX.

I'm pretty sure the Pro Mariner isolator was gone by 15 and it was the ACR but run the boat with switch in position one (not combined) and make sure both house and cranking battery charge while running.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              Compression check, printed Diacom report with RPM/hours breakdown. Closely inspect the Alpha Z bases for any cracks in the casting. The arch is less prone to issues in my experience but I think some have cracked up around the lights.
              Go into demo mode at dealer screen and test the AVX.

I'm pretty sure the Pro Mariner isolator was gone by 15 and it was the ACR but run the boat with switch in position one (not combined) and make sure both house and cranking battery charge while running.
              At least one has cracked up by the lights…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks Freeheel awesome info! I had a 2017 w/ Taps3.....anyone want to chime in with recommended taps/avx settings for surfing when we take it out?

Comment

FYI since it is a 2015 with AVX it can easily be converted to taps3/GSA plates with full control from the touch screen. The existing actuators can be reused and the screen may require a reflash that he can do himself.

Comment

The 2015 has about 500 pounds more factory ballast than your 2017 had.

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
                      FYI since it is a 2015 with AVX it can easily be converted to taps3/GSA plates with full control from the touch screen. The existing actuators can be reused and the screen may require a reflash that he can do himself.
                      Perfect info..apparently when they replaced the screen they also did the flash so supposedly its ready to get the Taps3 plates. Here is the compression printout....

Boat.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X