Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving to ZX25/ZX23 from a Nautique G23 Paragon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2021 25ZX and ride a friends 2021 G23 most every weekend. Both boats have plug and ply bags and 500lbs of lead. All we do is surf. In my opinion:
    -ZX has a cleaner wave with A LOT more push. My friend is a goofy foot rider and he prefers the G wave since it is shorter and longer on the starboard side.
    -G is much quieter
    ​​​​​​-I prefer the fit finish of the ZX
    - Thrusters on both are awesome
    -I prefer the PCM motor of the G. Better power and much quieter.
    -much more bow rise on the ZX
    -I prefer the ZX interior over the G

Both are great boats no doubt. For me it all comes down to the surf wave and the 25ZX is the best I have ridden.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore15 View Post
      I have a 2021 25ZX and ride a friends 2021 G23 most every weekend. Both boats have plug and ply bags and 500lbs of lead. All we do is surf. In my opinion:
      -ZX has a cleaner wave with A LOT more push. My friend is a goofy foot rider and he prefers the G wave since it is shorter and longer on the starboard side.
      -G is much quieter

Both are great boats no doubt. For me it all comes down to the surf wave and the 25ZX is the best I have ridden.
      Thank you for your feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore15 View Post
        -G is much quieter

How would you compare the user interface on the screens between the two? I currently have an Ri237, and it has a great surf wave, but the screens are subpar compared to my previous Malibu and Nautique. I do not remember well the screen setup on my neighbors 25ZX, I did not get to drive it.
        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

talltigeguy IMO the main difference between the two is is the wheel controls vs the knob that Nautique is using over by the throttle handle. I personally like the the smart wheel controls a little more and think it's a but more naturally intuitive. The Naitique knob works great just has a but of learning curve.

Also just a personal preference but I like the screen offeset to the right instead of behind the wheel.. reaching over the wheel to touch the screen vs having the screen being over on its own.

I haven't driving anything newer than a 20 RZX3 but I will say once you get your BT set, wave and ballast set, and decide if you want thruster steering assist on or off, and surf speed set,, there's really no reason to touch the display on the Nautique unless you want to toggle between the rear camera and info display

Comment

I personally really dislike the Nautique interface. It is overly complicated and cumbersome to vavigate.

Comment

Working...
            X