Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about ordering new boat over the winter. ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about ordering new boat over the winter. ????

I currently have a 2021 RZX23 440 raptor all the basic options no power tower. Boat will have around 100hrs on it at the end of this season. What is a decent trade in value for this boat? I paid 130K for it last spring I am thinking 120K in this market?? I am thinking about going with the new RZX22 as we normally only have 5 to 6 people on the boat. A stern thruster is one option that is going to be a must if I order a new boat. Anyone have it on there boat that would like to share if its worth it?

Having owned both boats, I wouldn’t own a 22 again. If those are the only two options, for me, I’d stick with the 23. The storage space difference is massive. The 23 has the rear board locker, the bow storage under the seats, the walkway locker, and much deeper storage under the cabin seats. The actual seating area is about the same size, with the additional foot being the board locker. The seats are taller which makes them more comfortable. Unless the “new” 22 is different, I’d keep the 23. Lots of aftermarket thruster options you could go with.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
      Having owned both boats, I wouldn’t own a 22 again. If those are the only two options, for me, I’d stick with the 23. The storage space difference is massive. The 23 has the rear board locker, the bow storage under the seats, the walkway locker, and much deeper storage under the cabin seats. The actual seating area is about the same size, with the additional foot being the board locker. The seats are taller which makes them more comfortable. Unless the “new” 22 is different, I’d keep the 23. Lots of aftermarket thruster options you could go with.
      Yea I told my wife that losing the rear surf locker on the 23 would probably be a deal breaker for me on a 22 if the new design didn't have it. As far as thrusters what aftermarket thruster does every go with? I would really like that on my boat so my wife can handle the boat better while i'm getting the truck. LOL

Comment

I don’t know if there is an aftermarket thruster that everyone goes with, but I think ezdrive is probably a more popular one and designed around surf boats. I was going to retrofit a Vetus but there is no room on a 22 for one. Would be much better on a 23 though and save you a ton of money. With your boat being so new your dealer may be able to add the factory one to it. That will probably be the most expensive route but cheaper than than taking a loss on your trade in.

Comment

Working...
        X