2022 NEW BUILD WHATS EVERYONES OPINION ON THE NEW SKYLON RACK VS CLAMPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 NEW BUILD WHATS EVERYONES OPINION ON THE NEW SKYLON RACK VS CLAMPS

Looking to see what way I should go when ordering my new boats. Have been told the skylon racks are awesome and have been told they can be prone to boards coming loose in them under way. Give me you opinion.

Thanks

I’m torn between this as well. The clamping ones are great and super user friendly, with a thick heavy board in rough chop I have had boards try and slide out but unlikely.

I haven’t heard anything about the skylons having boards coming lose. But haven’t spent much time with the tige specific ones. The other similar rosewell ones are good for not having to worry about clamping down too hard on boards but they are harder to put in and takeout.

Comment

Talk your sales guy into no racks and use the money for some Hyperryde racks. @hyperride_designs on the gram

Keeps boards out of the sun and out of the way..
      Attached Files
      Last edited by freeheel4life; 08-24-2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

I’ve had clamp racks on my last 4 boats and the new one coming in a week or so will have the skylon racks on it . With having high end boards all the time I think it’s a better route to go .
        surf till u die.

Comment

The new ones are better IMO, I would have bought them if it was an option when ordering our boat. You will never have to worry about a board slipping out and hitting the side of your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
            Talk your sales guy into no racks and use the money for some Hyperryde racks. @hyperride_designs on the gram

Keeps boards out of the sun and out of the way..
            Looks pretty nice! I like it

Comment

I’ve bn running the sky locks on my 2022 this season with no issues I think there awesome not to mention they keep the boards locked in tight . I ran several boats with the clamp down racks and imho there’s no going back . Sky locks are the better of the 2 for sure
              surf till u die.

Comment

I opted for gool ol bungee racks on my build. Could not justify over 4k for racks. They are cool looking and it's a great concept but a hard no for me on cost.

Comment

I ended up going with the ptms again. Two main reasons, easily being able to take boards in and out with a boat full of people and the ability to hang wetsuits, shorts, etc in the clamps. Most expensive drying racks in the business!

Comment

Working...
                  X