Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 21ZX Questions

Just received the new 21ZX and have the following questions:
    1. The port side fills ballast much faster than starboard, any idea why? Makes figuring out the timers difficult.
    2. There is a whine in the transmission at right around 1100 RPM's. Any idea why? Sounds normal and is in a very small rpm range, just annoying.
    3. Surfed with full ballast, one person in the boat - incredible wave, really fun. Surfed with seven people in boat, full ballast, wave sucked. Why?

My overall satisfaction with the boat is great! We really like this boat, the lighting, the seating options, the quality, the steering wheel controls, the colors, the FAE, ect...

LB

1. Starboard ballast could have a pinched hose that is causing slower fill rate.
    2. Whine is normal for the Raptor engines.
    3. Seven people is a good amount of weight, with full ballast the surf tab couldn't list and roll the boat enough to make a good wave. We have a 25ZX and when we have seven adults in the boat sitting in the rear I always dump some rear ballast.

Comment

Interesting... Thanks

Comment

I’m figuring it out also. I think you need to adjust speed with more people in the boat. Also you need to keep the boat level. What’s speeds are you surfing? I’m 10.8 goofy and 11.3 regular.

Comment

We got a 21ZX this year also. Love it so far. Usually have a small crew of 2-3 adults and 2-4 small kids. We got 1000 lbs of lead and at first put it mostly in the back but then we moved it pretty even ( bow, middle both sides, and rear both sides) with just 100 lbs extra on the surf side at the wave is way better… long and really firm. Lots of push for me at 210 lbs. surfing about 11.4 most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridepc View Post
            We got a 21ZX this year also. Love it so far. Usually have a small crew of 2-3 adults and 2-4 small kids. We got 1000 lbs of lead and at first put it mostly in the back but then we moved it pretty even ( bow, middle both sides, and rear both sides) with just 100 lbs extra on the surf side at the wave is way better… long and really firm. Lots of push for me at 210 lbs. surfing about 11.4 most of the time.
            ^^great data!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ridepc View Post
              Is that an extra 1000 in lead over the sacks?

Comment

Yes 1050 lbs to be exact (the kid at the boat shop couldn’t count and gave me an extra bag). 200 in bow. 200 port side under tower, 200 starboard side under tower, 200 in the back starboard under sack and 250 in back port side under sack. Also I have the biggest person in the boat sit on back surf side. It our first boat but the wave seems really good. I’m 6’4” and 210 pounds.

Comment

Holy Smokes! That is a lot of extra weight... I wouldn't be able to get the boat off the lift, bad year for lake level. I have about 300lbs of lead laying around, I will try the extra 100 on the surf side to see what happens.

Comment

Same boat, same wave issue. We just run with max 4 people on the boat when surfing and just feels perfect plus less wait time between turns. I run 300lbs of lead in the bow which helps with seeing over the bow and the wake is longer. Also easier to just have a guest move from side to side to clean up the wave rather than shifting lead.

Comment

Working...
                    X