Ordering new swim platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering new swim platform

I have a 2009 22Ve, I want to order an entire new swim platform, can I do this online somewhere? Direct from tige? How much might this cost?

You won't be able to order one from Tige anymore given the age. All you can do is search around but, that may be a tough one. I'd possibly suggest making one out of Marine ply and LineX'ing it, HDPE plastic, or a Teak type wood. I have a Z1/Z3 platform that I bought a few years back. Although it doesn't match the same curve of the stern on the VE it could work so you could possibly retrofit a few other platforms from other boats. One of the guys on the Tige Facebook page put a Mastercraft platform on the back of his 24VE.

Comment

I have only found aftermarket companies.

Comment

what/who are the aftermarket companies?

Comment

https://swimplatforms.com/makes-models/

http://www.swimplatforms.com/

Comment

They aren't hard to make. Here's a writeup I did a few years ago.
            Just need a saw a router and some stainless screws.
            https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-...wim-deck-r241/

Comment

so there is no option to order a new fiberglass platform, just like the OE version? I would think these get easily damaged from backing trailer into something or bumping dock, etc...seems it would be an easily replaceable part? I find it hard to believe that tige would not support a 12 year old boat...

Comment

Originally posted by lightadjust2000 View Post
                so there is no option to order a new fiberglass platform, just like the OE version? I would think these get easily damaged from backing trailer into something or bumping dock, etc...seems it would be an easily replaceable part? I find it hard to believe that tige would not support a 12 year old boat...
                Really? It sounds like you may need to take a factory tour. They are working on todays (and tomorrows) models. They don't have much room for parts for boats 5 years old, let alone 12. I would be very surprised if any major wake boat manufacturers has 12 year old swim steps laying around in their inventory, or the mold for that matter. Additionally, I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think swim platforms get damaged nearly as often as you are suggesting. 10 years of owning Tige boats and have never once damaged our swim deck. I am not trying to come off like a jerk, just saying your expectations may be higher than reality.

Comment

Swimplatforms.com will be closest to original fiberglass. Or make a teak one as has been suggested. @D&P POWELL nailed it on the head. Tige may still have the molds buried in back somewhere but they certainly aren't laying around inside ready to layup a new deck for old boats

Comment

You can try to order it direct.

Comment

Originally posted by Benhart View Post
                      You can try to order it direct.
                      From where?

Comment

How much damage on your original? Why not repair it?

Comment

I have a previously cut down TeAk swim deck…I have been looking for quite some time (my wife prefers a fiberglass like newer boats) and from my research a teak is the only feasible option to do. Sourcing teak has been a problem, I have twice placed an order and then the supplier not ship.

Comment

I just made a teak swim deck for my 2000 21i - I was the original owner of the boat and bought it back from the second owner... Second owner tossed the teak and put on a fiberglass deck - I wanted to go back to OG so I made my own!

Comment

I have a white fiberglass platform from 2008 24ve. New take off.

Comment

Working...
                              X