Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the new Z1?

Hi all,

I'm brand new here and my family and I are in the market for our first boat. I've always really liked Tige's and was lucky enough to see the new Z1 in person already. Absolutely loved it. Seems extremely well equipped for a sub 120k boat. The only other boat we are considering is the 22 Malibu LX (also just announced). We will primarily surf with the occasional wakeboard/tube pull for the kids. Both dealers in our area have great reputations and are close by so i don't have any concerns with either as far as service and maintenance go.

In my opinion the Tige has a much better seating configuration and a much more plush interior than the lower end Malibu's. The Z1 also has a 102" beam vs. the Malibus 98". How important is that in a surf wave. I'm going to assume bigger is better obviously. I realize I'm on the Tige owners forum so I assume everyone here will be partial to the Z1 but I'm curious what, if any concerns Tige owners have with this brand new model that maybe I have not considered before I pull the trigger and place the order. Thanks ahead of time.

I got to see it when it came thru the NW and was impressed. Chase has had a few posts surfing behind it on his IG and the wave looks incredible for a 21'. Wake to wake transfers while riding with his kiddo in his arms.

Besides it being a new hull design and seat configuration the rest of its what Tige has been doing across their line since they started putting in Raptors and Murphy screens(2015-2016). Didnt get to check out the ballast system though and see if anything has changed

Anyways...my .02 as a tech(I work on all surf brands) is that it's a legit 21 footer with a ton of freeboard and lots of room.

Comment

There’s no replacement for displacement when it comes to surf wave…..,lol

Anyways, look at the dry weight specs of both boats and how much water ballast they have. In general, heavier boats will put out a bigger wave, so I’d assume a wider boat will be heavier, but the freeboard will affect the weight too.

Malibu uses a surf gate where Tige uses tab plates. These different surf system can have quite bit different wave characteristics from each other. Go demo and surf both !!!!

Here’s an Interesting video a centurion dealer did on comparing surf systems. Tige wasn’t in the video, but still informative

https://youtu.be/jx348mgtotI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. We went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 22 Z1 build slot. Pretty excited!

Comment

Wider beam and tab system vs narrower beam and brake system
          Good choice!

Comment

Originally posted by scottspray View Post
            Wider beam and tab system vs narrower beam and brake system
            Good choice!
            Should be little better on fuel!!!

Comment

image_51545.jpg Our new Z1 came in just in time for the dead of winter here in Idaho. To say we're some excited 1st time boat owners is a an understatement! Shout out to Chad at Prestige here in Boise for helping us through the process. Can't wait to get this thing on the water in a few months.

Comment

Sure does look good! Hope you guys have fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by SR04 View Post
                  [ATTACH=JSON]**"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\timage_51545.jpg Views:\t3 Size:\t88.2 KB ID:\t1262486","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"1262486","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH] Our new Z1 came in just in time for the dead of winter here in Idaho. To say we're some excited 1st time boat owners is a an understatement! Shout out to Chad at Prestige here in Boise for helping us through the process. Can't wait to get this thing on the water in a few months.
                  Congrats!! Barney and Mainor are great guys I'm the service dept. They'll take care of your break in service.

Comment

Working...
                  X