Need advice on new purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on new purchase

So I’m pretty convinced to pull the trigger on a new 25zx but was just checking price points on a couple other manufacturers and was told by those dealerships to stay away from tige because of build quality and customer service. So I was hoping to find out if that is really a problem with tige or just other guys trying to sell me their boats.

your dealer will have a lot to do with this equation as well but for us, 3 tiges, 2 new and 1 used and both new purchases we had ZERO issues with either that kept us off the water. only decal issues on one boat once. our used tige had interior issues(prior owner party rig) and tige more than took care of us even as the 3rd owner. 2nd new tige was purchased 1500 miles away as we have no tige dealer local and that didn't stop us at all knowing tige(justin) and/or another dealer we know would take care of us.

all my opinion but tige has been a great experience for us and would not hesitate to own them again.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thank you for your help. It’s nerve racking spending this much money on a boat and to read some of the issues on here that people have had.

Comment

My 2021 RZX23 has been good so far. Knock on wood only complaint I have is the ballast hoses look to be installed by a 10 year old. I fixed that issue and it has been good since.

Comment

As stated above a lot to do with your dealer ect , I just order number 8 Tige yesterday and I wouldn’t own any other brand . My dealer is awesome and Tige Corp can’t be beat imho.
          Also to answer one of your questions yes that is a dealer tactic and a poor one at that to try and pressure you into buying there brand . Tige till I die .
          surf till u die.

Comment

So how would I know if the dealer is a good one? Is there anything specific if I order this I should look for when it shows up before I complete the purchase?

Comment

As other stated, dealer can have a huge impact on the experience of owning your boat. Check out the dealer service department, parts department, and pro shop. It's been stated many times, but pretty much all these boats will have an issue eventually. The dealer servicing it correctly, quickly and getting you back on the water is huge.

Lastly, ask other people that aren't trying to sell you a boat. This is an owners forum so you are going to get some biased opinions, but still good opinions.

What other manufactures are you looking at? There are technicians on this forum with lots of experience in several different makes that aren't trying to sell you any brand.

Comment

As to the "how would I know the dealer is a good one" question.....

Go meet the service manager and writer. See if they will let you chat with the techs for a minute. Ask them about how their experience with doing warranty work thru Tige has been as a dealer. Look at their Google reviews and look for mention of service department or names of the people you just met above. If the only reviews are for the sales department and names are all sales guys in the reviews it MIGHT mean that the sales team is killing it but service isnt...not a for sure but theres a chance.

I would also ask what other boats are you shopping?? A lot of times when people are torn between two boats and they post on here its an apples to oranges comparison...ie a 25zx compared to an MC XT23 (23 is two foot shorter but depending on options could be in the same price range as a 25zx)

Comment

I agree with the comments above. Also, I advise you, guys, to state all the details about the boat in a simple bill of sale form (we used this one) while making a purchase. Having it signed also shows that the dealer is a good one. When my husband bought a boat, he paid attention to the legal component. Conscientious sellers are always ready to sign all papers

Comment

I second the comment about meeting the service manager and possibly the techs. I ended up needing a new transmission for my 2012 RZ4 (used boat) I purchased last year. I met the local Tige dealer and just from talking with them and lack of organization, I was concerned. Called the Tige dealer out of Nashville (the boating center) absolute class act and knew that was the place. As soon as I talked with them. Had a good experience out of a bad situation. Definitely follow Freeheels advice from post above.

Comment

Working...
                    X