• Show
Clear All

2016 Tige 21 open lazy code 3266

What does this code mean?
    , open/lazy error code 3266

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an o2 code for the heater element withing the o2 sensor

Comment

Thanks for the response. We are on vacation with our boat. Is this something that we should replace now or can it wait til I get back to my local parts guy

Comment

You just aren't meeting emissions as far as the computer is concerned. I haven't see any long term/catastrophic issues from this fault. If you can deal with the beeping at the dash then run it.

There's a chance it goes away as well. How many hours are on your boat?? Are you a DIY type??

Comment

We have 220 hours. We can deal with the beeping while on vacation. Yes we are the diy type

Comment

Get an o2 socket from your local parts house and remove the post cat o2s and see if the cat bricks are still there. Borescope helps. You can get one for 70-80 at harbor freight. Also pull the pre cat 02s. If there's water/rust on them then there's your answer.

Always a chance it's just the sensor too

Comment

Ok thanks!! But while we are on vacation we can run it and have fun then do this when we get home?

Comment

Indmar would tell you no. I'd say yes. If you look closer I'm sure there's more than one fault code. You have to scroll thru them...unless it says 1/1 at the top of the fault screen.

Usually theres a fuel trim code that goes along with this code.

As stated earlier, you are simply not meeting emissions. As long as you aren't overheating (165* at idle and not creeping over 185 under load) have good oil pressure, and alternator is charging there is no reason in my opinion to trailer the boat and ruin your vacation.

Just my opinion tho. Not guaranteed or insured ;D

Comment

Ok I will look at all the codes tomorrow morning once we take the cover off. I am totally fine with running it and not ruining our vacation! Thank you so much!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X