No announcement yet.

The CRAZY Used Boat Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy low sell high... if you can find it.

Comment

One thing driving the prices up is that demand is far exceeding supply. We just simply cannot get product. We have one new boat for sale. It was sold the day it hit the floor but the deal just fell through. People aren’t even haggling about price. If it’s for sale, they’ll just buy it. Same thing with accessories. We have sold every single surf, wake, and tube rope we have. We have a couple surf boards, a couple water skis, a couple skates, and a single wakeboard left. We were joking the other day that we’re not going to sell a boat to anyone that doesn’t have a trade in.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I was at a Dealer Friday and they had 1 used Supra for sale. Drove by Saturday and the Supra was no longer on the lot, assumed it sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. It ain’t hard to sell boats right now. They’re just hard to get.

Comment

I think it won't last much longer, but I was wrong before too.

It seems to me that part of the big jump in boat prices in 2020-21 was pandemic driven due to lack of other opportunities for recreation. People are now back to traveling and other indoor activities that that increased demand has waned a bit. Into 21 the supply chain issues decreased production capability to some degree and there still was leftover increased demand. I do not see either of those persisting into 22, so hopefully normalcy will prevail this fall.

The wildcards might be people who got into boating and love it, so they are going to stay in the sport and upgrade/use boating products, and folks who got out when the money was good, but hope to get back into it when things settle. Those 2 groups might drive a longer bear market than I expect.
            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

If you want an idea on what the market is forecasting follow Wells Fargo. They are the most conservative flooring bank across the US and are forecasting dealerships to prepare for 2-3 more years of high demand. The problem is that this is much deeper than that. Dealerships routinely carried a decent amount of inventory across each store. That inventory that took years to accumulate via trades etc have been completely been wiped out to 0. We aren't talking a dip in inventory, we are talking zero as in not a unit available. The time it will take to replenish that alone is 2-3 years. You also have smart dealers who refuse to price gouge and who are about keeping pricing at nearly the same neutral level it's been. Those dealerships are primarily or completely sold out for 2022. This Pandemic opened up a ton of eyes to the sport who might not have ever given it a look. While some expect a big sell off I can tell you that based on the amount of new buyers (50% of total sales) you might need to reassess the logic. We all love boating, and we introduced X amount of units into the field for 2021 of which 50% were roughly new owners. Most of those people are going to love it also. A liquidating sell off isn't coming because people made a bad purchase, a sell of will come if the market torpedoes and people have to choose food or house over boat. if that happens we will have much bigger issues to deal with. Get your slips early, your services booked out in advance and enjoy all the new friends you can make.
              Germaine Marine
              "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by Germaine Marine View Post
                people have to choose food or house over boat.
                Stop pushing me to make a decision! I am still thinking here...

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post

Stop pushing me to make a decision! I am still thinking here...
                  No kidding. I already want one Germaine dudes!

Talking about price gouging, I had to get a new o ring for my sea strainer and walked into the old tige dealership here (they have new owners, apparently didn’t like how close the next closest dealer was and took their toys to centurion). They had a 26 footer on the floor (fi265 right?). Asked him how much. He told me 240. I laughed.

I can get a G25 for that man.

Anyways. Thanks for all the info on this craziness. This thread has been awesome.

Comment

Umm, new G23s are more in the 265-275k range. G25s are a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                      Dude at the outdoor boat show last year they had it marked at a quarter million….

Ugh. So expensive

Comment

I have to admit, the new G/Paragon hulls are pretty bitchin. Still not my cup of tea but, still cool. The GS is still the only boat I really like right now. 100k less than a G with all the same stuff. Still insanely priced but, compared to what 100k boat looks like these days, from any manufacturer, GS for the win.

I mostly think all manufacturers are up their own *** these days. However, it’s not what people think, it’s what they’ll pay.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                          If a dealer has G for 265K they should be shot. They are being sold much less than that around the country..... A new 25 paragon was sold at 289 last week around the corner.
                          Germaine Marine
                          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Local person in BC trying to sell his already ordered G25 Paragon for $ 452K Canadian

Comment

If a dealer has G for 265K they should be shot. They are being sold much less than that around the country..... A new 25 paragon was sold at 289 last week around the corner.
                              Ok I’m not crazy

Comment

Ya, I was looking at last year’s prices. They have gone down. My mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X