Bent Bimini Top Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bent Bimini Top Rod

Well... This sucks. I was at the lake this weekend in my 2019 RZX20 and notice that my bimini top was not staying locked in when going into head winds, even at low speeds (less than wakesurf speed). After checking everything out, I notice that the aluminum or steel post that extends the bimini forward on the driver side was bent up slightly. This was causing the little screws that lock into the slots to not fit properly so it was not staying in place.

My first questions, maybe a stupid one, is if this is covered under warranty the 5 year warranty? I would assume not... but then again who knows.

If not, does anyone know of a place I can just buy another bimini cover? or a good way to try and bend the support back into place?

I am heading to the lake again this week and will take some pictures and videos to further show what is going on.

Thanks!

Now to stern warranty on these boats for five years. I’m going to go ahead and say it is covered but a call to your dealer would t hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for hijack, can you purchase the fabric only for these Bimini tops? I have an E2 that’s looking rough. I’m curious about the aluminum pieces as well.

Comment

Should be covered under warranty...double check the bolts that act as the pivot point. I've seen those come loose and then the locking pins can't engage

Comment

Have the dealer submit a claim. Get a photo of the tag on the bimini with serial and a photo of which hinge mount the bimini has.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X