Issue 1 - Startup Beep Loud and doesn’t stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue 1 - Startup Beep Loud and doesn’t stop

Got a couple issues, but going to post them separately, because I don’t think they’re related.

About a week ago while we were on the water the “startup beep” (I don’t know what to call the beep when you turn on the ignition prior to cranking as I don’t know what it’s for - neutral check? Fuel pump relay?) got really loud and doesn’t turn off after a few seconds like before.
    I poked around here quite a bit and the only thing I came across that maybe sounds right is that it’s a low voltage alarm. Batteries are on the older side, but I plug in the NoCo after every outing. I also swapped house and engine with no change (both are flooded deep cycle)
    Has anyone had this happen or know if this is a specific alarm of some sort?
    Beep stops when I start the engine, so I typically just do that pretty quickly.

Boat is a 2006 22Ve Marine Power.

Thanks!

I had the same issue, turns out the Tachometer was sticking and couldn't fix it so I upgraded my perfect pass to the StarGazer and put it in the Tec hole. HA Problem solved 2003 22 LTD

Comment

I'll tell the wife the only way to fix it is a StarGazer Perfect Pass upgrade and report back.

Comment

good luck.... I love mine

Comment

Yeah, that was a joke. That's not in the cards right now. Although she went from "We should sell this thing" to "maybe we should upgrade" in a single afternoon last Friday :-D

But this beep is driving me crazy. I can't hear the engine turn over if I'm sitting at the helm it's so loud. My next step is to muffle it, but I'm worried I won't hear legitimate alarms if I'm surfing with the radio on. I haven't found any loose grounds and all my gauges are good as far as I can tell. Still just baffled.

Comment

check the ECOS and also, my 2006 20V started doing this prior to my TPS needing replaced. The noise was sporadic for me at first then got worse

Comment

Working...
            X