Smart Wheel feels loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Wheel feels loose

The Smart Wheel on my RZX2 feels loose. Like there's A LOT of play in it. I recall seeing some discussions about this on here in the past, but can't seem to find them.

Is this "loose" feeling likely something with the wheel itself or more likely the steering cable?

Thanks...

Thanks Gumby. Seems complicated. Is it likely the screws referenced in Step 9 that are loose?

Comment

In my experience it's the 3 screws that mount the base plate in #5 that loosen up. I have a little write up that I did that I've shared with other guys that has gotten them thru a teardown. PM me your email if you want it.

Comment

Screws in step 5 are your issue. I fixed mine and it really isn't bad. Hardest part is prying the smart wheel assembly off the spline, it takes a little force. Don't unpin the wiring, look under the dash and just unclip the connection and you will have enough play in the wire to access the 3 screws.

Comment

I took care of it today. Wasn’t terribly difficult. Thanks freeheel4life for the instructions. And akdoc, you were correct, did not need to unpin the wiring. There was plenty of slack in the cable.

Thanks!

Comment

Where are these instructions on how to remove this wheel. Mine is making a noise has done it since brand new dealer is 3.5hrs away would try to fix it myself if not to bad.

Comment

NFBR0640.jpeg
              Somehow the a lot of my post got lost. Matt never figured it out . here it is again
              These are Install so work backwards.
              Last edited by gumby; 05-30-2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

thanks man

Comment

I took mine apart and found the wire had it in a bind the way it was routed. Redone it and all is good now. Made that noise from day one so it left the factory like that. Some of the **** that leaves the Tige plant is not good!

Comment

Working...
                  X