Ceramic Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceramic Coating

In process of purchasing new TIGE 2021 ZRX. Would appreciate your insight and input on:

1. Ceramic coating the entire boat

Welcome to the site and to Tige Boats! Your new boat purchase indicated is somewhat confusing. Do you mean RZX? There is no ZRX. As far as ceramic coating, you will get many different opinions on this topic. Some swear by it, others believe it's snake oil. You can put it right up there with what cleaner to use, what brand of oil to use, boat cover on or off while traveling... so many opinions. I'd take them all with a grain of salt on these topics.

Comment

thanks D&P Powell - yes, it was a typo. I meant RZX.

Comment

The cheaper ceramic coatings don’t seem to last as long as the expensive ones such as ceramic pro. In order to make it worth while you need to spend a fortune and doing it DIY you’re better off with an automotive sealant or just a ceramic spray.

Comment

We had a couple guys do 3M Clear Bra or similar vinyl for almost the entire boat(both had Moomba Maxs). I haven't seen the boats in a bit as I changed shops but was super impressed from what I did see. Only spot where the vinyl was damaged was at the bow roller and that's because the max has a really flat nose/no V at keel line

Comment

Long time boat owner of others but new ATX s22 just arrived. Q for the group on what ceramic spray we should use? Not interested in the 2-3Grand pro ceramic wrap service but just looking for something to slow down the hard water. Any experience from the group on a good value product to use on this new baby?

Comment

Have heard good things about adams graphine spray for a cheap quick use product. https://adamspolishes.com/products/g...ray-coating™

Comment

Sort of off topic but has anyone applied a ceramic coating to their truck/car?

Comment

If it were me and having it professionally done I would go spend the money on clear paint protection film. Offers a lot more protection than ceramic but is costly.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
                    Sort of off topic but has anyone applied a ceramic coating to their truck/car?
                    Our detailer applies it to vehicles. I'm still not sold on its benefits beyond fighting water spots....he has a product for glass tho (believe its called Glassparency that is awesome IMO

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                      Have heard good things about adams graphine spray for a cheap quick use product. https://adamspolishes.com/products/g...ray-coating™
                      I’ve had really good luck with the Turtlewax graphene flex wax product on my cars. The liquid version is going on a year on my cars and still going strong. I plan to use on my boat as a sealer over the wax job I did last fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

Our detailer applies it to vehicles. I'm still not sold on its benefits beyond fighting water spots....he has a product for glass tho (believe its called Glassparency that is awesome IMO
                        Its benefits really arent centered around fighting water spots. It is less susceptible to water spots because it beads water better but it isnt impervious. And this is kind of why it gets a bad wrap at times.

Ceramics main benefit is against all the other elements. The product *pending which one* ends up being a mil hardened finish layer that really cant be penetrated. The only way to remove it is to polish it off or strip it.

If the prep is done correctly and the boat is polished to the T before its applied then the finish on a cosmetic level is pretty impressive.

From a protection level? Its going to combat the sun, combat nearly all surface scratches and provide a very limited protection against dock rash etc. I have been with a few customer during a delivery and watched as they ran there new ceramic coated boat hard into a dock. I have seen it mar the coating but not touch the gel underneath. Will it always do that? No but ive seen it with my own 2 eyes.

The draw backs?

Its like paint, if you scratch it, mar it and or hurt it you will have to polish it back out and re apply, or live with what you see cosmetically. If you do hurt a section it can be repaired and reapplied in that specific area vs the whole boat.

Its really a great product it just gets a bad wrap from some because they think its something it its not.

Depending on the product, strip it 5 years later and the paint is perfect underneath. Free from any harsh affects from sun, water etc.
                        Germaine Marine
                        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I am very satisfied with Turtlewax graphene flex wax product. It is a very good and qualitative product.

Comment

For the ones who have done a coating how much product have you used? Wondering if a 100ml bottle is enough.

Comment

Working...
                            X