Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prop looks way too close the the trailer. Should I be concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop looks way too close the the trailer. Should I be concerned?

Just installed an Acme 2079 on my 06 24VE based on my elevation and the prop selector on Acme and Wakemakers websites. Is this too tight? I am thinking about ordering .5'' stainless spacers online, I need to redo the bunks anyways. Would this be good enough doing just the rear two mounts? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

On another note, the trailer title says its a 2006 Dors BT. I can't find any information on this manufacturer and I do know that each Tige dealer made their own arrangements for trailers. The boat came from TX. Has anyone hear of this trailer builder?

24ve.jpg
    Attached Files

It's likely a Dorsey trailer.

I wouldn't worry about the gap as when you trailer will be floating well above the guard and settle in ad you pull out. New bunks and a space would make the gap bigger if you want though.

Comment

Hey Gumby I think he said 1/2” which would sufficiently work without causing any problems.

Comment

I had to double check what I wrote. Yes, 1/2'' is all I was thinking. I think this would give me some peace of mind after spending $500 on a new prop.

Comment

If it were me, and I wanted to raise it, I wouldn’t space the bunk off the trailer, I would make taller bunks. Either sandwich a piece of 3/4” thick pine onto the 2”x or rip down 4”x4” to the desired thickness. This spacers are going to sink part way into that wood, losing part of that 1/2” anyways, and you’re going to risk hardware loosening or moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

On my boat lift I spaced up the bunks with some composite decking scrap to gain prop clearance. Later I got some aluminum flat bar for spacers. Easy to cut and drill.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X