New boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New boat

Got our first boat. Mostly going great but went to fill ballast today and the bow bags wouldn’t fill. Looking under seat to find the bags weren’t hooked up
    Attached Files

Keeps not posting whole question.

any Ideas on what else to check. Connected the hoses and still wouldn’t fill but read as 100 percent full. Going to try again tomorrow now that the hoses are connected from the beginning and will call the shop if it doesn’t work.

Comment

Valves open under floor that pumps connect to¿
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Glad to see you still hanging around to help.
        I did Connect the valves once I noticed they weren’t connected. Then I drained off 20 percent I tried to fill again. Said 100 percent but still zero water in bags.

Comment

Were the pumps getting water in them and running? Lift up the trash can and you should be able to reach the pumps. You will be able to hear/feal if they’re air locked. You can give them a bang or take the cap off and that should get suction. Another thing take the quick connect fill line off the bag and give it a good suck.

Comment

Another thing to add if you do get air lock in your fill lines drive the boat on plane for a couple minutes. You can hit the + button even if it says 100 percent full, those are just timers they don’t actually measure the water in the bag.

Comment

The 100% is determined by timers. Can’t remember exactly where in settings but try adjusting the time to fill until they spit out the side. Then adjust to that time as your true 100%

Comment

Thanks for all the help. With the hoses connected and I turned up the bow fill time up it worked perfect, I also added 300 lbs of lead to bow and 200 lbs to surf side under back bags. The wife could see since the bow stayed down some and I was able to surf for the first time ever on our own boat. Wet suit for sure still but it was a great day on the water.

Comment

That is great! Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X