Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

glad I bought a 2012 Z3 so I can never get parts!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad I bought a 2012 Z3 so I can never get parts!!!

Cant get a Bimini from great lakes boat boat top as they are turning away business (blows me away). Cant get replacement cushions for the back bench seats from people stepping down to enter the boat for the last 9 years (need a better design imo). The bow has a really weird cushion system with the cooler lid incorporated into this and also removing cushions. I hope she surfs better than the issues I'm dealing with. Somewhat displeased
    so far!!!

Spradling vinyl is who the original supplier was. If you get on their website you can source the vinyl and have a local shop sew new skins. Im confuse on your bow issue. Can you not get the cushion out or just don't like the design??

As far as bimini, that sucks. Did great Lakes say they are just doing too much volume for new boat manufacturers or any other reason why they turned you away??

Comment

Also on Bimini - do you need the whole setup or just the canvas?

There is a place here in Austin that will build one for you I bet. Especially if you can give him pictures of one on another boat and he can get access to measure it. Dunno if you are close or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

might try sewlong in slc utah. they are building custom bimini's for a few of the new boats. they might have a pattern for the alpha z tower. spensive but they make some dang nice setups and can oversize them if you live in a desert climate.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

It’s not just your model that’s struggling for parts right now. Every boat new or old is having a hard time right now.

Unfortunately with any boat as vinyl starts to age it is really hard to get just one piece that matches.

I really like the bow setup on the z3 built in cooler with the cushion ontop for the kids to sit and warm up with the heater behind the windscreen. The windscreen being built into the seats it sweet because you don’t have to worry about putting it anywhere when you don’t use it.

Comment

Originally posted by jranken View Post
            Cant get a Bimini from great lakes boat boat top as they are turning away business (blows me away). Cant get replacement cushions for the back bench seats from people stepping down to enter the boat for the last 9 years (need a better design imo). The bow has a really weird cushion system with the cooler lid incorporated into this and also removing cushions. I hope she surfs better than the issues I'm dealing with. Somewhat displeased
            so far!!!
            I understand you are frustrated... I would be too in your situation. With that said, you purchased the boat with the back bench seats, poor design or not. The bow cushion system was also in place when you purchased the boat. The Bimini issue can still be addressed. I guess what I am getting at is the following; there are little things in almost everyones boats we wish were different, even with the new models (I wish our 2020 23ZX came with a trash can behind the driver like the Z3 design, instead of in the floor). The issues you are dealing with can be addressed. Based on feedback in this forum, we made a removable step for the Z3 bench seat. Ask questions in the forum; your opinions/experiences probably aren't unique. It's a boat, there will always be little upgrades and changes to address.

Comment

Lots of people buying boats last year that maybe shouldn't have... I'm currently using a lawn chair as a driver's seat and have to run boulders for ballast but she runs good.
              Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
                Lots of people buying boats last year that maybe shouldn't have... I'm currently using a lawn chair as a driver's seat and have to run boulders for ballast but she runs good.
                ^^thanks for starting my day with a smile and a chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post

Comment

[QUOTE=BrentP;n1256794]

There is a place here in Austin that will build one for you I bet.

Comment

[QUOTE=BrentP;n1256794]

There is a place here in Austin that will build one for you I bet.

What’s the name of the place in Austin?

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                        It’s not just your model that’s struggling for parts right now. Every boat new or old is having a hard time right now.
                        This. Every manufacture is struggling to keep up with demand right now.

Imagine how mad you'd be in you bought a new 2021 Z3 and couldn't get parts.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post

This. Every manufacture is struggling to keep up with demand right now.

Imagine how mad you'd be in you bought a new 2021 Z3 and couldn't get parts.
                          Trust me it’s happening. There’s boats at my dealer right now waiting for props and specific gatorstep pieces.

Comment

Nautique has been shipping boats missing some parts as well. Im no longer at the skiers choice dealer but still get the emails and apparently there is/was a foam shortage so they couldn't even build seats.

Comment

You cant even begin to imagine the marine related shortages we are seeing. Demand is still super high and covid is still creating some production and shipping shortages. On top of that, if its a processor with micro chips, good luck getting it any time soon. We may not see some amplifier models until September.
                              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                              X