Verdict on new Z3??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verdict on new Z3??

So what's the verdict on the new Z3? Comparison to old Z3 or other models?

I think in our previous discussion there were mixed opinions on the strategy of naming a boat Z3 that is nothing at all like the previous Z3.

What did receive full consensus was that the old and new Z3 are nothing like each other so it is all apples and oranges. I have still not seen any in the wild.
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Maybe the better question is z3 performance vs a 23rzx (which are in similar price bands right?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I climbed around one at the local dealer and was actually impressed with it. And I was totally one of them that scoffed at the idea of a new Z3.
        Having said that, I recall the price point being low $100k’s. Is that still the case? This one was nowhere near that number. For that reason I would still pick one of the other two 23 footers.

Comment

125-130 I heard was the going rate for a decently equipped new z3. 110-115 on the cheap no frills side.

saw a few on the interwebs a couple months ago when it was released and all of them were in the 120 to 130 before tax.

base on tige.com shows 100k even but guess is that's likely no bimini/racks and a few others that move it to 110 just to start.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I think some of that is just the market...still red hot. So might as well keep the margins up lol

Comment

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the performance and the boat it self is much deeper and dryer than the previous z3.

Comment

I almost pulled the trigger on one a couple of weeks ago. Priced right at $120k, and was averagely loaded...All looked good to us until the trade-in value for our '13 z3 came in....we will be keeping our boat for quite a while and will make the little upgrades I was looking forward to in a new boat, mostly GSA

Comment

I’ve crawled in a few and there is definitely a range for how they are optioned. I guess I didn’t notice it being that much deeper than my Z3. To me the rear rub rail lines look like the old Ves. I’ve read “performance is better”. What does that actually mean?? Seems odd that with as hot as the boat market is and the fact that it’s a “new and improved” release that it’s hard to dig up any firsthand experience. Bottom line I want to know how it surfs compared to other Tiges.

Comment

Originally posted by MJO21 View Post
                    I almost pulled the trigger on one a couple of weeks ago. Priced right at $120k, and was averagely loaded...All looked good to us until the trade-in value for our '13 z3 came in....we will be keeping our boat for quite a while and will make the little upgrades I was looking forward to in a new boat, mostly GSA
                    Dang i must of got a deal on my 2021 rzx23 128K OTD tax and all.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore15 View Post
                      I’ve crawled in a few and there is definitely a range for how they are optioned. I guess I didn’t notice it being that much deeper than my Z3. To me the rear rub rail lines look like the old Ves. I’ve read “performance is better”. What does that actually mean?? Seems odd that with as hot as the boat market is and the fact that it’s a “new and improved” release that it’s hard to dig up any firsthand experience. Bottom line I want to know how it surfs compared to other Tiges.
                      Sounds like you need to talk your dealer into a demo

Comment

I'm curious performance wise too. I'd love to hear some first hand knowlege.
                        I like it, but I honestly don't see why they decided to build/price it where they did. The 23zx is the flagship and one can be had for very little less than the midrange z3 so why go z3?

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post
                          Maybe the better question is z3 performance vs a 23rzx (which are in similar price bands right?)

Our last Z3 was around $125,000, 22RZX is around $135,00 and 23RZX around $145,000

Comment

Z3 surf wave

https://www.instagram.com/p/COOr8_SB...d=n6uowck0vi94

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post
                              I'm curious performance wise too. I'd love to hear some first hand knowlege.
                              I like it, but I honestly don't see why they decided to build/price it where they did. The 23zx is the flagship and one can be had for very little less than the midrange z3 so why go z3?
                              I just purchased a new 23 RZX, for some reason I thought the Z3 was the flagship, and that the hierarchy of models was R, RZX, Z. Was I off in my interpretation?

Comment

Working...
                              X