Adding smart wheel to 2021 RZX23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding smart wheel to 2021 RZX23

Anyone done this or know the cost to do it? My boat was ordered with out the smart wheel and i would like to add it.

I'm not much help other than to say warranty replacement parts are "8 months out" according to my dealer. So good luck getting a whole unit anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
      I'm not much help other than to say warranty replacement parts are "8 months out" according to my dealer. So good luck getting a whole unit anytime soon.
      Same issue, waiting on warranty parts and sounds like it will be awhile....

Comment

Tige parts or indmar parts? Took forever for the dealer to get approval and no updates from indmar for me.

But to answer your question yes it can be done.

Comment

I have an Isotta smart wheel kit but not the steering wheel....its the planetary hub and the TouchPad control pieces. If anyone's interested in it/needs parts....

And as others have said...yes, it can be added

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
            I have an Isotta smart wheel kit but not the steering wheel....its the planetary hub and the TouchPad control pieces. If anyone's interested in it/needs parts....
            One of the issues with my boat is that it feels like the steering wheel is about to fall off. Quite a bit of wiggle to it. Up and down, left and right. I try not to grab it too tight when bouncing in rough water. I took the boat in to the local dealer. At first they tried to tell me it was normal so they didn't fix it on the first attempt. Then they told me the plastic gears inside were worn out and the parts were 8 months out. I guess they had a few of the kits you mentioned and took a few pieces from each of these "used" kits to try to make mine more solid. It helped a little at best. Still can't say I trust the wheel not to rip out. Other than that the boat steers just fine. Not hard to steer, but sometimes you can feel each of the gear teeth as you spin the wheel.
            Does all this sound right? If I replace the plastic gears with new ones will it fix the loose wheel issue? Does your kit have the parts I need? How much do you want for it?
            Thanks.

Comment

Reading the comments on here and on the Facebook page on this smart wheel i am glad my boat did not come with it. Just something else to have issues with down the road.

Comment

Josh, in my experience the base plate loosens up and causes all the issues. Only way to fix it is to basically completely take the wheel apart to tighten the screws at the bottom. I have an email write up and some pics that input together a while back that might help if you want to go down that road.

PM or text me your email address and I can send it

Comment

I added the smart wheel. It cost me $2000 for the wheel and installation last year.

Comment

Having a boat with it and one without it I think its a nice feature. For me, simply to manage the radio volume easier. Don't really mess with the other buttons. However, $2000 seems like a lot. When I was thinking of adding it to my last boat I was quoted $700 for the parts. I planned on the install myself. $1300 would seem like way too much to me. What is that? 10-13 hours of labor?

Comment

UNSTUCK the hub kit is 800ish retail and IIRC you also need to buy a new wheel...so I think you are low on your parts.

Comment

Perhaps. I was never told about a new wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

And as others have said...yes, it can be added
                          Do you still have the smart wheel kit?

Comment

Working...
                          X