Spring is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring is here!

Spring is here and that means warmer weather is just around the corner and better yet summer! Who has been able to get out on the lake so far? Got out the first weekend in March and was a little numbing. Freezing nights and wind came back so haven't been out since. Hopefully, we get out this weekend for some practice for the first surf comp of the year next weekend.
    Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 3.14.05 PM.pngIMG_3490.PNG

C=cold.......or C=crazy to get in that water....

Comment

I've. been foiling in the river several times. 18C. (65F)

Comment

Haha that’s what our dash read a couple weekends ago. My daughter stood on the deck board in hand up to her ankles in water, contemplating jumping in. When her feet went numb she got back in the boat and said maybe next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
          C=cold.......or C=crazy to get in that water....
          C=Canadian and probably crazy too

Comment

Originally posted by USWaker View Post
            Haha that’s what our dash read a couple weekends ago. My daughter stood on the deck board in hand up to her ankles in water, contemplating jumping in. When her feet went numb she got back in the boat and said maybe next time.
            You really need the proper gear to make it possible. Thick wetsuit or dry suit, booties and gloves. Some of the new seals on the new wetsuits are pretty impressive for keeping water out.

No Arizona this spring us Canadians are improvising.

Comment

This last weekend at Lake Havasu, AZ.

My Grandson and I
              Dave and Grandson.jpg
              This was in the morning. It warmed up to 79 later in the day.
              March Water Temp.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post

You really need the proper gear to make it possible. Thick wetsuit or dry suit, booties and gloves. Some of the new seals on the new wetsuits are pretty impressive for keeping water out.

No Arizona this spring us Canadians are improvising.
                She’s a bit nutty when it comes to water. It’s been her tradition the last couple years to be in the water in March. Usually skis for about 5 minutes and comes out blue. She’s loosing some of her northern wacky as she approaches her teenage years I think. Lol.

Our end of summer California lake is looking pretty empty this year. We too are looking for more excitement here in Montana and perhaps Idaho this year.

perhaps we’ll venture down to Az. If we find time this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                  This last weekend at Lake Havasu, AZ.

My Grandson and I
                  Nothing like driving the boat for the kids. I love how excited they get.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by USWaker; 03-30-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

man. going to be mid80's on friday this week but no bueno for me. our HOA has been on a tear in here with "courtesy notices" this year and have had to replace quite a bit of block wall so painting that and replanting 2 smaller trees after the HOA had us remove our eucalyptus in the back for exceeding the height requirements for the lot.

get all this house crap out of the way and hopefully it's on in mid-april.
                    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Wife’s birthday was this weekend. Almost 80 degrees on lake Travis water temp was still 63-64. Put my son to sleep cruising around. Time to get the oil changed, polish it up, and let her rip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love the family time you guys! So jealous of the warm weather you guys have.

Comment

Looks like your spring is over buddy!!

Comment

What’s a pool party without a tige??

Comment

We’ve been milking the last of winter around here. We got up on the mountain 4 times last week. It would have been 5 but it was so hot on Saturday, nobody wanted to go Sunday. I’d really rather it keep snowing but, the forecast doesn’t look too good for that. Looks like boating weather.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X