Stern Thruster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stern Thruster

So it has been a few years since Nautique came out with the Stern Thruster. This was a 10k option so many dismissed it's usefulness and the need for it. Well as we all know with inboards maneuvering around in tight places can be a bear and wind makes it worse. But believe me I have been in boats with them and they work. Now that it has been a few years and many do it yourself guys have been out there tinkering I was wondering what has become of it. I would like to add one to my boat this year as this years upgrade.

Any ideas out there and has anyone added one to their boat. The prices for after market systems has come down. Lewmar has many add on kits and kits and wondering if they would work. Any comments, suggestions and direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

I'm dropping my Z3 off for an EZDrive install on Sunday, found a place that will have me out the door installed for $6200. Pricey, yes, though the tight docking areas I'm in just got too annoying last year, so worth it to me I guess.

I thought about trying to make DIY work -- by the time I could figure out the electrical controller piece and something with enough thrust to make a difference, I just didn't want to mess with it. Personal choice, I'm sure someone is on the cusp of a great DIY solution.

Comment

If you go over to wake garage there's a couple different threads where guys have tried to DIY it with different methods and my takeaway is the results were all lackluster. Good electric motors that can turn fast enough pull a ton of a amps. Other problem is the prop pitch. Part of the reason Supra is running 2 thrusters if I had to guess

Comment

I looked at Wake Garage but did not find any threads. Last year there were some. Thought maybe it was a paten thing. Yes even the after market ones draw a lot of power. The thing is that it is not used that often. And yes it is a high $$$ option.
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Working...
        X