This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Z tower base replacement/solution now available

This has been months in the making and now there is a replacement for the cracked Alpha Z tower base. This new replacement is made out of billet T6 6061 Aluminum. There has been improvements made to the weak areas of the base.

It started out as a 78lb block of aluminum, the original cast base weighed in at 11.3lbs and the billet base is at 18.6lbs.

There is custom tooling that had to be made as well as custom fixtures to CNC the base.

We are currently working on figuring out pricing.

Also to be clear, I do not work for Tige or the manufacturer of the tower. I have been a Tige owner for about 4 years now, started with a 03 22V and now I own a 2014 ASR.

My good friend was one of the unlucky ones who has a cracked base and I needed to find a solution for my Alpha Z tower before it happens.
    I always spoke to him about coming up with a solution, it took me months to hunt down a set of bases, after examining the base I decided the solution is to remanufacture the base better and stronger.

From reverse engineering the base to a 3D model, to custom tooling and checking the programming every step of the way to the final product in the picture, it has been an exciting adventure.

Available for order!
    www.ternsupply.com

P.S Thank you Matt for allowing me to share the good news here!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TigeS; 11-03-2023, 04:05 AM.

This is awesome!! Thank you so much!! I left the dealership I was at but this is definitely something weve seen and if they are smart they will order a right and left. Will pass this info on.

Comment

Please keep us up to date with development and pricing.

Comment

This is bad *** Moe! Nice work

Comment

Congratulation on your engineering and service to those in need of a base! It is good to know where I can turn too if needed.
          Nick
          Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Hey i really need these! I will message you

Comment

I cracked my base in a storm this pass weekend would love to get more info

Comment

Update!! Design is finalized also addition of new pivot pin and a locking pin. Updated pictures above.

Comment

Just noticed a small crack in one of mine yesterday, this is something Im interested in as well!

Comment

Does anyone have this guys email? I messaged him but have no idea how often he checks this. My boat is currently in the shop so would like to figure this out sooner rather than later.

Comment

Where are we at with regard to this new tower base?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

very well-done buddy.

Comment

Flipkarts offers a wide range of products, including cosmetics, skincare, hair care, Home, Kitchen, sports wear, Jewelery, Garments, and more. I am always working to improve my website and provide the best possible experience for my customers.

Comment

Any progress on these bases for the Alpha Z tower?

Comment

Hey guys any luck on the production of the bases

just found mine cracked

2015 tige z3
                              alpha z tower

ryan
                              (510)364-291-

Comment

Working...
                              X