Vinyl interior - 26k quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl interior - 26k quote

Hey everyone, I am in need of a new interior for my 09 rz4. After 1100 hours My seats are ripping at the seams, and not the thread but the vinyl is just dead everywhere. Need the whole boat done. There is one person in my area, and Tige doesn’t have the skins. I finally got a quote to have the whole boat done, and the quote was 26,000. Yes, not a typo, i was excited when he started with 26, and my heart sunk when he said 26k. I had to repeat it back to him to be sure.

Working on getting quotes a couple hours away but they need me to remove the seats and still want a lot more that i was expecting to pay. Anyone have any recommendations where i could drive the boat to? I am in upstate NY. I don’t mind driving even 10 hours if I could have it done right and save. I have our 5th child on the way and we are going to be hard on the interior, so price is more important than 100% perfection as well.

What is everyone else paying for interiors? It seems like it would be cheaper to ship it to Texas and have the interior redone than to have it done local. Seems I may have to go somewhere where people have wake boats, as mine scares everyone as no one has them, and certainly no one puts the hours on that we do up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think $10,000 would be them taking the boat apart and putting it back together.

Comment

I know a place in SouthBend IN that just did an entire ‘13 RZR for 7k. They have done a fantastic job on mine. If interested pm me.

Comment

$7-8,000 should be about normal.

Comment

Well at least I know that the 26k is crazy

Comment

The crazy part is that I didn’t even get to picking vinyl... i am honestly thinking about trying to tackle it myself. I just finished refurbishing my entire house myself, between my wife and I how hard could some stitching and stapling be? And it is looking like it may be 20 hours in trailering the boat somewhere and back twice at a minimum and or or pulling the entire boat apart myself either way...

Also, how does everyone like the cool touch vinyl? Does it hold up well? Anyone have any vinyl brand recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              The crazy part is that I didn’t even get to picking vinyl... i am honestly thinking about trying to tackle it myself. I just finished refurbishing my entire house myself, between my wife and I how hard could some stitching and stapling be? And it is looking like it may be 20 hours in trailering the boat somewhere and back twice at a minimum and or or pulling the entire boat apart myself either way...

Also, how does everyone like the cool touch vinyl? Does it hold up well? Anyone have any vinyl brand recommendations?

I’ve kind of wondered the same thing, about doing my own. I’ll have to do mine in the next couple of years, partially, because my dealer oversprayed tower paint onto my interior, and seem to be refusing to fix it. My first thought was see what someone would charge to replicate the vinyl, if I just brought them the skins, and install myself. Back up to that would be buy an industrial sewing machine, and replicate them myself.

You may be able to pull all the vinyl, and ship them to someone to replicate, rather than towing a boat 20 hours, if you’re willing to pull everything apart, and reinstall.

Comment

That boat is $4800-$5000 with me pulling the interior, covering to match factory layout and reinstalling. Cost goes up if you want to change up the pattern on the seats because it would all have to be patterned.

Comment

26k is the "I don't want to do it but if you're willing to pay triple I'll give it a go" price.

The newer boats are much more complicated than the older ones so upholstery will only get more expensive from here.
                  I think 5-8 is the correct ballpark for that boat.

Where are you located?

Comment

Coyote1 - That's nice work. Hopefully the OP reaches out to you (if close enough).

Comment

As for doing it yourself it's not "hard" but it certainly takes experience to do a good job. Not really something you just do the first time and you're good at it.
                      By the last cushion you may have the experience to start over and do it again and get a professional result lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post
                        26k is the "I don't want to do it but if you're willing to pay triple I'll give it a go" price.

The newer boats are much more complicated than the older ones so upholstery will only get more expensive from here.
                        I think 5-8 is the correct ballpark for that boat.

Where are you located?
                        The boat in the pics was $3200 due to changing things up. You are correct that some of the newer boats are a little more complicated as far as stitching and disassembly. Also the amount of upholstery in the boat, like the one the Op was asking about. That's why the price was $1800 over the one pictured. It wasn't a bid, I'm way to far away from New York for that. Just for reference.

Comment

Coyote, where are you out of?

Comment

Central Texas.

Comment

Working...
                            X