TOWER ??? - 2006 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOWER ??? - 2006 22ve

I need help identifying the tower on my tige. I can't find information on the tower anywhere...no brand stamp or serial number. I want to figure out the best way to fold this down to get it in my garage. My dad and I starting taking it down this weekend, but there was no way it will just fold and "lay on itself." I had to maintain a grip on it at a certain height the whole time (worried it would bend oddly at the hinge and bust something). I figure I'll have to build some sort of support frame to hold the speaker bar when I put it in the garage. It's got some decent mass to it, more than I originally thought (definitely a two man operation).

Let me know your thoughts on what type of tower I have...and any advice you have on this particular tower is appreciated!

Thanks!

I think that tower was the manufacturer's branded version of the Tige "E" series tower. Everything is the same but the rear upright supports are different.

You may need a prop stand to support when folded.

To fold: remove bolts at hinges above windshield, Remove upper bolt in one upright, and lay upright back. Will want to rest on towel. While someone supports the tower in the center below the tow point, remove the 2nd upright upper bolt, lay upright back. Tower folds down/aft.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That was the less expensive upright option. Not many dealers did that version.

Comment

I have a 22v with the same tower but different uprights. Looks like your board racks need to come off. For lowering my tower I remove the seat cushion below the port tower up right, remove the upright lower bolts, lower tower so the port upright rest wherethe seat cushion was removed and the starboard upright rests on the step. Once in the garage, I put a 4' step ladder in the boat to support the tower, this raises the tower a bit giving a bit more access for maintenance. Your uprights look thicker and may not fit in like mine and you may have to go straight to an aux. Support.

2005 Tige 22v

Comment

That’s the common e series tower. I have it as well. When it’s down, it definitely has nothing to rest on. I’ve seen people who have built simple supports for it. A large diameter PVC with a nice saddle cut in it works well. Or a 2x4. You do not have to take the board racks off to fold it down. Just take out the 2 uprights and unscrew near windshield

I do NOT tow with it down. I have left it down for a few days with no support and it was fine, but I would not leave it like that for a month at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Realize its apples and oranges for the two towers but i couldnt work on mine in the garage and cant put up due to ceiling. Built this out of 1 2x4x10 and some shop towels. Cost was $14. Took 30 minutes and although not pretty it works great. Maybe same for your tower.
            Didnt even have to be precise in the tower notch.
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
              Realize its apples and oranges for the two towers but i couldnt work on mine in the garage and cant put up due to ceiling. Built this out of 1 2x4x10 and some shop towels. Cost was $14. Took 30 minutes and although not pretty it works great. Maybe same for your tower.
              Yep, this is the direction I'm leaning in. I've got some left over bunk felt from a previous boat project that would be great to wrap around the contact points (where the 2x4 makes contact with any part of the boat). I thought about running a 2x4 across the beam of the boat (or where the side rack support bars bolt into the main rack frame) to hold the top of the rack up while in the folded position.

Someone mentioned a step ladder...not a bad plan either...

I appreciate everyone's comments on this!

Comment

SANDM - Is that one of your cheap Androids I see in the dash?

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                  SANDM - Is that one of your cheap Androids I see in the dash?
                  what? you mean that 10" tablet integrated into the dash that works equally as well as my android phone? yes. yes it is.
                  if it was an apple product, we would still be sitting dead on the water from screen glitches last summer

and trevor, on our last boat we did the 2x4 across the beam of the boat to hold up the alpha z. it worked and would be good in your application but the alpha z tower is stupid-heavy and in hindsight was not the best idea. no damage but......
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Is that an optical illusion, or is the front vinyl gray, and the main cockpit vinyl tan?
                    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

it's all grey. just bad lighting- half the bulbs/ballast are shot. I have 10 new led shoplights ready to go up but haven't had a day decent enough to pull the boat out so I can get up into the attic and wire them. stupid pull down stairs are right in the middle of the bow of the boat.
                      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

it's all grey. just bad lighting- half the bulbs/ballast are shot. I have 10 new led shoplights ready to go up but haven't had a day decent enough to pull the boat out so I can get up into the attic and wire them. stupid pull down stairs are right in the middle of the bow of the boat.
                        Yah my neighbor owns an led company. He hooked me up with some 4 bulb led that I just replaced the fluorescent fixtures with. Night and day difference (literally. Lmao!). You’ll love it Sandm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          I think that tower was the manufacturer's branded version of the Tige "E" series tower. Everything is the same but the rear upright supports are different.

You may need a prop stand to support when folded.

To fold: remove bolts at hinges above windshield, Remove upper bolt in one upright, and lay upright back. Will want to rest on towel. While someone supports the tower in the center below the tow point, remove the 2nd upright upper bolt, lay upright back. Tower folds down/aft.
                          Yep, you were right...I took a an adjustable step ladder and a few 2x4 blocks (wrapped in a towel) to support the tower bar at the height I need...easy peesy.

Comment

Working...
                          X