ZX Models Below Floor Ballast and pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZX Models Below Floor Ballast and pumps

I have always owned boats and made sure I understand where everything is located as I do all my winterization and normal maintenance. My question is about the below floor ballast on the new ZX model boats. How hard is it to "see" the below floor ballast to know if you have a "leak" or need to do maintenance? Are the below floor ballast soft bags or hard tank? I have watched YOUTUBE videos and I see "NO" pictures of the ballast and how to gain access to the bags. Please post some pictures or a video link if anyone has some. Also, when people do walk around "reviews" of these boats, nobody lifts the floor up to see below these areas for maintenance. Thanks
    Nick
    Dayton, Ohio

I haven't torn apart a zx yet but I'm assuming they're the same as the rest of the lineup. In the storage compartments you have access panels which unscrew and give access to the subfloor bags. The rears are pretty easy to access with an opening at the front and back of the bag on rzx models, but the bow is a but harder to access. Doesn't really matter that much as you're only going to look at this if you notice you have a problem.

Comment

Does anyone have any pictures of the ballast system on the ZX models? I am interested in the access to the pumps and ballast bags for maintenance. How many fill and drain pumps and what size pumps has Tige gone too on the ZX line-up? Short of going to a dealership an looking, I was hoping for some advice from current owners. I have owned 3 Tige with my latest 2016 Z1. I basically know every inch of the boat. Thank you.
      Nick
      Dayton, Ohio

Comment

I have not accessed my sub floor in the rear but in the front you unscrew the floor panel in the bow walkway and the bag is directly under that access. This is in a 2020 25ZX.

Comment

There are screws in the floor boards both for the midship and rear underfloor ballast.

I have not removed the rear floor boards yet but have opened the midship/bow underfloor.
          "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Working...
          X