Winterizing RZX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterizing RZX2

I need to drain the lake water out of my heat exchanger but cant find the drain...granted I haven’t looked real hard yet. My old boat had the orange cylinder style heat exchanger that kind of stood next to the engine. This boat has a black flat unit that Is mounted right on the front of the engine above the lake water pump. There most be a blue drain plug on it somewhere.

So far I know I have the two exhaust manifold brass plugs, the blue plug at the back of the v-drive. I saw a line to the starboard side of the v-drive with a blue plug on it. Then the impeller cover. Any others besides the heat exchanger?

thanks for you help.

What year and motor? Does it have blue labels like this? My 2019 raptor 400 has 5 locations to be drained. The 5th is the impeller cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Manuals can be downloaded here

https://www.indmar.com/operator-manuals/wake-series/

Manual shows a plug on bottom starboard side

Last edited by Bamer; 10-24-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks bamer. I looked on indmar website but couldn’t find anything on the “rectangular” heat exchanger.
        I also saw a sticker showing “x of 5”. Not sure if 5 counts the two brass plugs on the manifolds. I do not believe I have the crossover tube.

I’m at Powell now and leaving tomorrow. Looks like Salt Lake will be in the 20’s this week. Sad times for sure, but what a great trip to end the season with.

Comment

For what it’s worth, My crossover hose goes under the vdrive.... each of my drain locations has the sticker....

Comment

Josh, the square heat exchanger plug is on the bottom of it on the stbd side. Theres a rounded piece that the plug threads into in the bottom corner. The brass plugs are used instead of the crossover hose on some boats because of the liner/subfloor. I actually use a small 3/8bolt with two nuts jammed together on the threads to remove them. Not much room for a socket/Allen key. I believe you also have a trans cooler plug on a whip hose.

If you pull the beauty cover over the engine theres a bracket around the alternator that holds you blue plugs and is labeled to identify the plugs in your configuration.

Save yourself some headaches.. pull up the floor and run some antifreeze thru the flusher/strainer(close the thru hull). Keep running it until it comes out pink. As I mentioned in the past, if you just pull the exhaust manifold plugs and run the engine for a 10-15 seconds the impeller will push most of the water out first, then bring the antifreeze to the party.

If you neeyohelp.finding any of the other plugs just call me.. im at the shop today

Comment

Think I got it all. I found the heat exchanger plug just as you mentioned. Then I removed the cover for the impeller. Removed the two brass plugs in the exhaust manifolds. Removed the blue plug at the back of the v drive. Removed the blue plug at the end of a 3/8” hose laying next to the v drive on the starboard side. Removed the sea strainer. I type this as I sit in the water at the ramp. I put star brite in the fuel and ran the engine for 15 minutes. Then drained everything. Should be good.
              thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Hi. Need some help locating the brass plug(s) location(s)
                Thanks

Comment

Run hand under spark plugs at very front of engine. You’ll feel the plug holes right under those.

Comment

I just bought a pre-owned 2019 R23 in September. I’m in the process of winterizing it, but my arm isn’t long enough to reach the blue plug on the pipe below the raw water pump. What is the best way to get access to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tige”FamBam View Post
                      I just bought a pre-owned 2019 R23 in September. I’m in the process of winterizing it, but my arm isn’t long enough to reach the blue plug on the pipe below the raw water pump. What is the best way to get access to it?
                      Pull the panel out of the port ballast compartment and reach from the side. For the heat exchanger plug reach from the stb side. Or just lay on top of the engine. Some models are easier than others to reach.

Comment

Working...
                      X