2017 Z1 Indmar 400 fault code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Z1 Indmar 400 fault code

Can any one tell me what this code is and the fix for it.
    Showed up today about 1 hour into surfing boat has 160hrs.
    Plug id B but also states Voltage High.

Last edited by Ironrequiem; 08-13-2020, 12:52 AM.

Would need the SPN and FMI #s to have a proper idea.

This is STRICTLY a wild a$$ guess but wondering if its high voltage for injectors on one side...if you didn't have any run issues and it went away it was likely a fluke.

With key on in engine diag screen you can request stored faults. Make sure to look at the number up top. If its 1/1 you only have one code. If you see 1/2 or 1/3 etc you have more than one code and can scroll right to see the others.

Comment

This is the code image I took...I thought I attached to first post.
      1/1 code, spn 707 fmi 3, plug B, engine running, no noticeable difference or issues.
      Just popped up.
      Last edited by Ironrequiem; 08-13-2020, 01:37 AM.

Comment

No image uploaded on this one either. Should be an FMI # as well. I would have to look and it would help if you posted your HIN but the early Raptors had a paddle wheel in the raw water loop to make sure impeller was moving water and I think that 707 code is for that paddlewheel. Later Indmar switched to temp senders on the exhausts.

If your HIN is ends in 617 or was an early 717 build (letters A-E before the first 7) theres a good chance you have the paddlewheel. Will look at my DTC list tomorrow to make sure tho.

Comment

Strange...I can see my pic on the post, anyway.

1/1 code, spn 707 fmi 3, plug B, engine running, no noticeable difference or issues.
          Just popped up.

Comment

Gotcha on the FMI 3 now. I will double check for you in the AM. When was last impeller service and do you boat anywhere with any kind of sea grass/mill foil/ or other long stringy stuff in the water??

Comment

Hull ID TIX0478BL617
              Last service about 20 hrs ago in December.
              Nothing odd in the strainer...lake use only.

Thanks Freeheel !!!

Comment

99% sure its the paddlewheel code.

Being a 16 built boat Im pretty sure it has the paddlewheel. Sometimes they get blocked with debris. Other times they are reading low because impeller is on its way out. Have had some that aren't clocked right but doubt it or you would have had this issue before. Last but not least, the paddlewheel gave up the ghost.

The parameters in the ECM for triggering the code is engine has to be above 1000 or 1100 RPM, so if you go out and idle and you don't get code but do once RPMs are up Id say paddlewheel is seeing low flow, is tangled with debris, or sensor has failed.

Comment

Thanks, I will double check this weekend for debris and if it comes up again. Marine Max Orlando just did a 140/150 Hr service in December and I specifically stated impeller change to be included.
                  But I do have a spare with gasket also if i need to change.

Comment

Well my memory failed me. The raw water code is a 110. Your code is for oil level. Did it pop up as active fault after a key on and key off cycle or was it just stored??

Comment

Not sure when it showed up as I was surfer then driver and back. But I got the red fault box at some time during the time I was driving and that is when I checked, I found it as stored fault. But the screen also has a high voltage message in the middle of screen.

Comment

Hmm. Well if Marine Max had ignition keyed on while they did the oil change that would explain the stored low oil fault.

High voltage is odd. What are cranking and house battery volts at the screen while running??

Comment

I will check again when out but I think 13.8 H and 14.1 C running.

Comment

Hey Ironrequiem. What did you end up doing to resolve this? I have the same issues on my 2017 Indmar engine, high voltage on aux and low oil code (SPN 707, FMI 3).

Comment

I never got the code again and the oil level was fine. But I traded the boat shortly after not because of the code just time to upgrade and I have absolutely no trust in Marine Max Orlando which was the nearest tige dealer at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X