ATX Feedback, options, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX Feedback, options, etc

I have searched through the forums to find more info on the ATX line and while I have learned a crap ton about the engines, tunes, etc still feel I need more info. Can some of the people with ATX 22 and 24 models share some feedback on the performance of the boat, options you wish you had, or didn't really need?

We are looking at the ATX as an upgrade to our 2001 boat. They seem to be a great option versus the Axis. Pricing is hard to get a handle on because of COVID and the incredibly antiquated way the boating industry sells boats.

Thanks for any information and please post pics of your boats as well.

I got to surf behind the 22ft boat last year at the Tige Reunion at PK. The surf wave wasn’t huge, but did have good push. The stock wave was significantly better than my 2019 R23 with TAPS3 stock wave. I assume the majority of the difference in push was due to the GSA plates on the ATX.

As far as pricing...the market will drive the price and the market is hot right now. Last year I found that Axis/Moomba/Tige R series when optioned the same and comparing same length boats, they were basically the same price...give or take couple $k. Since ATX is basically replacing the R series, I’d assume you can get the ATX for about same price as you can the other value boats....of course each dealer will be the bigger difference in cost. Some will come down and some may not especially since market is hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

similarly with bamer, we found atx22 was priced very close with mb and moomba when we were shopping a month ago. in the southwest we were in the upper 80's for atx but have seen some priced in the lower 80's. look around and you might find a leftover 2020 but if it was me look for a 2021 as they have a walkover sundeck which is a nice feature and rumor was a nicer bezel around the switches.
      atx compared very favorably to the other 2. largest screen in the value boats. easy tower to fold down. gsa was on both atx and mb but iirc the actuators on atx are better.
      there was one at the tige mead reunion last year and those that got to surf it said wake was great for factory ballast.
      there's a 20fter that just came out and rumors are in the 70's with some options.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
        there's a 20fter that just came out and rumors are in the 70's with some options.
        I also noticed the cost delta between different lengths boats was ~4k per ft. For an example, a R21 v R23 was about a 6-8k difference. So I’d expect the 20ft ATX with same options should be about 6-8k less than the 22ft.

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
          atx compared very favorably to the other 2. largest screen in the value boats. easy tower to fold down. gsa was on both atx and mb but iirc the actuators on atx are better.
          So far I love the Parker actuators on Tige and ATX. Malibu started using them first so if a guy wanted a longer term review on them I'm sure they could ask around on the Malibu Crew forum. IMO they are day and night better than Lencos though. Havent seen a failed one yet (cant say the same for Lenco)

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far. I am hoping to demo one soon. I know it’s different but the NXT22 could be had for 87k optioned nicely. I am hoping that the 22 footer can be had in the 80’s. I saw a 24 footer and if I remember the sell price was 105k.

Comment

I built one out and the sticker was 107 and the out the door was just a touch under 90K.
              I went a different direction but it seems to be a solid boat.
              Compare ATX to Moomba as well if you haven't given them a look.

Comment

The moomba max might be the best value boat out there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post

Agreed
                  I would 100% be in a max right now if the step down from the transom wasn't so ridiculously huge.

My take after looking at both boats hard:
                  If you want to surf and you want the best out of the box wave with the best surf tech go ATX.
                  If you want a better (subjective I suppose) interior and a nicer feeling boat overall go Moomba.

I wanted to love the ATX, I had one built out and pricing lined up but after getting in one I just didn't fall in love with it. The best option is to go get in all the boats in your price range and then make the decision from there. Internet shopping is great for specs but you'll never know until you get in it. To me the atx said "budget boat" when I got in it, similar to axis. The moombas (obviously only my opinion) don't feel that way anymore. It's all about what you're looking for.
                  Last edited by SONIC; 08-07-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bca1313 View Post
                    I have searched through the forums to find more info on the ATX line and while I have learned a crap ton about the engines, tunes, etc still feel I need more info. Can some of the people with ATX 22 and 24 models share some feedback on the performance of the boat, options you wish you had, or didn't really need?

We are looking at the ATX as an upgrade to our 2001 boat. They seem to be a great option versus the Axis. Pricing is hard to get a handle on because of COVID and the incredibly antiquated way the boating industry sells boats.

Thanks for any information and please post pics of your boats as well.
                    There aren't a lot of ATX folks here that I've seen. There is however a facebook group for ATX owners that's growing. That's probably your best bet for opinions on options etc.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post

If you can stand a boat thats a giant shoebox lol. I cant stand their shape personally

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

If you can stand a boat thats a giant shoebox lol. I cant stand their shape personally
                          I think it's the color scheme that messes it up so bad. Especially the front of the boat. Really makes the boxyness of it stand out. I "built" one that was all white and think it looks SO much better. I wish I could test ride one that had 4500-5000 of ballast. I hear the wave is amazing that way. I can't see the front of the boat while surfing so I don't care. If it surfs great, I want it.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

True!!! The only reason I ruled it out was how it looked. Too bad the designers didn’t tweak the shape a little here and there. Also think it looks more normal when it’s in the water and with the right color scheme. I’ve seen a couple at PK in the water and I thought it was a craz at first.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post

I think it's the color scheme that messes it up so bad. Especially the front of the boat. Really makes the boxyness of it stand out. I "built" one that was all white and think it looks SO much better. I wish I could test ride one that had 4500-5000 of ballast. I hear the wave is amazing that way. I can't see the front of the boat while surfing so I don't care. If it surfs great, I want it.
                              I’ve seen both on Travis. There is a dude with a white Moomba that looks super good, but I agree any color to it and it looks odd. I seen a couple ATX with color schemes that are amazing for an 85k boat. My one beef is the interior gelcoat is a LOT. Since they don’t have as much upholstery, you have to be careful which color you choose. The boat show model they hauled around last year was very very blue on the inside. I’ve seen others where it doesn’t stand out as badly at all.

Seems to me like ATX is probably your best wave for the dollar, but the Moombas do seem to have a better interior for the money (note, I haven’t seen the 21 of either model yet) and I am far from the most informed observer here

Comment

Working...
                              X