GSA and Thruster install 2017 RZX3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSA and Thruster install 2017 RZX3

Wanted to give a big thank you to Jason at Germaine Marine SoCal for getting this set up for us. He is always a class act and takes care of business! He put the GSA plates on our 2017 RZX3 and installed a stern thruster and both have been fantastic.

GSA tabs on an older Tige' are well worth it, bigger wave with less weight, rumor is the wave is even better with a lot of weight but for the surfing our family does I am very happy with the GSA tabs.

The thruster is a game changer, every new boat should have this as an option. Expensive and kind of a luxury item? Yes I agree, but it makes the day so much more enjoyable, docking, flipping around to pick up a downed rider, very cool and for us worth it. No longer do I have to stand waist deep in the water yelling at my wife as she comes into the boat trailer sideways :-)

That's awesome. I installed GSA on my '17 RZX3 (and love it!) and have my eye on the stern thruster. Does the exhaust interfere with the thruster? On the nautiques, i think they have a separate exhaust to prevent issues.

Comment

crazy how "busy" the a$$ end of these boats are becoming.
      looks nice......
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

my 2015 is looking old

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post
          That's awesome. I installed GSA on my '17 RZX3 (and love it!) and have my eye on the stern thruster. Does the exhaust interfere with the thruster? On the nautiques, i think they have a separate exhaust to prevent issues.
          No interference with the exhaust but the RZX3 does sit a little nose heavy (*** high), they mounted the thruster as low as they could before interfering with the middle taps plate so you need to throw a couple bags of lead (2-400lbs) in the rear lockers otherwise with no passengers it does churn up the water a bit and sucks air. With people in the boat or water in the ballast tanks it’s a non-issue. Jason said some other models don’t have this problem as they sit lower already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m going to be starting my GSA upgrade on my RZX2 tomorrow. Will also be installing a pair of Lifeform 9 transom lights.

Do the GSA plates in their fully retracted position interfere much with the light dispersion from the current position of the LEDs on your RZX3? I’m trying to decide where I should mount the Lifeform 9s for the best effect.

Comment

I have the liquid lumens, we were out last weekend at mead swimming around midnight, the baby fish were glowing in the light, didn’t notice the GSA plates being a problem but I didn’t ever do a direct comparison.

Comment

With the thruster that close to the exhaust, does it feel like it swings slower in one direction or another? I've been debating adding a thruster for a while now, and after a bad weekend in the dock (got in trouble when cut off by another boat and couldn't swing the back end to the left), I've got more motivation.

EZThruster sent me a mock-up template to test fit, and it would be pretty close to my FAE as well as flowing against the swim platform bracket on the other side. I know they have deflectors that would point down, and I think they recommend those for a Z3.

Just worried about the whole equal and opposite -- if it's blowing against the FAE or platform bracket, is it minimizing the thrust? Or is that a minimal disturbance?

Comment

Nice! Sounds like a relationship saver package to me! HAHAHAHA. Man to have one of these newer boats! What a dream! Congrats and enjoy the new add ones!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hcooperrn View Post
                    With the thruster that close to the exhaust, does it feel like it swings slower in one direction or another? I've been debating adding a thruster for a while now, and after a bad weekend in the dock (got in trouble when cut off by another boat and couldn't swing the back end to the left), I've got more motivation.

EZThruster sent me a mock-up template to test fit, and it would be pretty close to my FAE as well as flowing against the swim platform bracket on the other side. I know they have deflectors that would point down, and I think they recommend those for a Z3.

Just worried about the whole equal and opposite -- if it's blowing against the FAE or platform bracket, is it minimizing the thrust? Or is that a minimal disturbance?
                    See my previous post above, no issues going either direction even though it is close to the FAE, just have to have the rear low enough in the water to make sure it doesn't suck air from the surface, I tested this past weekend with 100lbs of lead on each side, I do have a 5gal jerry can of fuel in each rear locker too, that seems to work with my family in the boat.

Comment

Tige22i Where did you purchase the GSA plates? Straight from dealer? And same for thruster?
                      I have a 2017 RZX3 and looking to upgrade to new GSA as well.

Comment

I found some plates that someone was selling after not installing them, and installed them per GSAs instructions with the actuators I pulled off the TAPs plates. It was pretty easy as far as figuring everting out. You will have to decide whether adapt the GSAs to screw into the old TAPs holes, or drill new ones, and fill the old ones. I filled the old ones, most guys say use the brackets, so you can make the call on which you want to deal with. My line of thinking was I can fill them myself, vs paying someone to CNC cut, and TIG the adapter plates on. The plates are probably an easier route, for the most part.

There are multiple write ups from guys I read, before doing mine, and there is one from mine somewhere, but the search function on older stuff is terrible now, so I can’t find anything with it.

Comment

Working...
                        X