Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go Pro mount locations for wakeboarding and surfing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Pro mount locations for wakeboarding and surfing??

Hey y'all just got the new go pro and am looking for cool places to mount it on the 2013 Tige r20. We do a lot of wakeboarding and surfing so if you have an attachments or mounting locations that shoot a cool video please let me know! or if there is another thread regarding this please tag the link. Thanks!

I'll just caution that wherever you mount it, make sure you figure out some sort of leash system. I lost one earlier this year when the rope yanked it off. Fully my fault as I knew I was taking a risk, but figured "I'd get around to that soon".

Comment

I will also caution you to teather it to the boat. I had the gopro and the floaty door. The go pro will float with the floaty door but this day I had the go pro clamp and extension connected to the camera and had on the ski pylon. The surf rope caught it and knocked it right off. With the go pro clamp and extension connected to the camera it was too heavy for the floaty door to keep it afloat. It was a used go pro and probably still works great. I know approximately where it is about 150ft offshore in 18ft of water. I just got another gopro off ebay, but now I always teather it to the boat.

But we have got cool shots from the top of the tower, either of the board racks, the rear grab handle and the rear cleats. I also have some suction cup mounts so we just try different locations all the time.
      P.S. I just use some of the extensions pieces from wakeboard ropes for teathers....they work great.
      Last edited by Ironrequiem; 07-20-2020, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Awesome thank you for the advice! I'll definitely make sure to have it tethered to the boat. My brother is definitely the kind of guy who would "get around to it later" and lose it. I'll definitely try some of those locations and hopefully get some good shots! Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
        X