Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you put your tube lines on R20 boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you put your tube lines on R20 boat?

I was hooking the tube line on the back ski post but then I read the owners manual and it said not to exceed 300lbs using the ski post. So should I use one of the two towing hooks in the back instead? I know Malibu boats use to recommend the ski post over the tow hooks because your pulling on them very hard going back and forth. Does anyone know what TIGE says we should use for towable items like tubes? I know the best answer is someone else’s boat!

Thanks,

Brian

Tube? What’s a tube....jk....

I would have thought ski pylon was best option. The hooks on the stern should be plenty strong. Those hooks are designed as lifting points for the boat. At least that’s what my manual says....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't believe I am responding to a tubing post in here... makes me feel dirty, LOL. We wanted to be extra safe years ago with tubing, so did quite a bit of asking around. One thing is certain, never from the tower. We received a lot of recommendations on these two products below, and we have been using them now for over 10 years, with no issues. Highly recommend anyone that's tubing to have these in their garage.

Tube Booster.JPG
      Tube Tow Rope.JPG

You dont need the 16' version - we use an 8' version of this. This is just here for an example.

Comment

Sorry - forgot to add, we use the two d-rings on the transom, or the towing points as you referred to them.

Comment

Thanks great idea and yes not much info out there on the dreaded tubing!

Comment

We use the ski pylon. I was always told no tower. I’ve never used the tie offs on the back - seems like those would be weaker then the pylon? Mr Powell does seem like he would know how to not break a boat though, so I trust him

Comment

I use the central connection on my 22i but second the use of the booster. I avoid the pylon because the rope goes back and forth over the back seats so no one can ride there during the tube.

On a side note, when we slalom with the pylon, the rope rakes across my rear locker covers and has ruined the vinyl (snakeskin pattern)....very disappointed in that.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemcclain8 View Post
                On a side note, when we slalom with the pylon, the rope rakes across my rear locker covers and has ruined the vinyl (snakeskin pattern)....very disappointed in that.
                Mike, what I did to slow it down was buy a pool noodle and cut a slit down one side. I then put the rope in the noodle against the ski pylon. It also serves as a poor man's shock tube.

Comment

Just FYI I have spider cracks in my gel coat near my ski pylon. I assume it’s from PO pulling a tube a lot. ANOTHER reason to hate the stupid tube.

What is the lesser of 2 evils, pulling a tube around or trying for an hour to get a clueless newb up on a surf. (some people pick it up really fast). ?? Hard to say.

Comment

I banned the tube from our boat early last season....after 3 or weeks, my 7yr old started wakeboarding every week. He made a little progress each week and end of summer he was up every time and riding for several minutes each pull. This year he will ride 30min sets.....

My point is the tube was a crutch for him....

Comment

Working...
                    X